Job Title: Controller
Reports to: C-Suite
Job Summary: The Controller will plan and direct the accounting operations of the company. The Controller is a key position within the company during a period of sustained growth in the business. Working closely with the CEO and other members of the leadership team, the Controller will be responsible for producing and ensuring the accuracy of financial reports and creating and optimizing systems, policies, and procedures within the Accounting Department. The ideal candidate will be a leader and problem-solver who is also excellent at communicating with others within and outside of the accounting group.
- Preferred candidates will be located in Tri-State area (NY, CT or NJ), North Country area of NYS, or Puerto Rico.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversees and manages A/R, A/P, monthly close, general accounting, and tax compliance.
- Supervises accounting department staff of 2-3 people.
- Maintains a documented system of accounting policies and procedures. implements a system of controls over accounting transactions to minimize risk.
- Oversees the production of periodic financial statements and financial reports for management; ensures that the reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles (or international financial reporting standards, if applicable).
- Owns the production of the annual budget and forecasts, working together with senior management to understand and model the business; reports significant budget variances to management.
- Recommends benchmarks that will be used to measure the company’s performance.
- Provides training and performance reviews to direct reports in accordance with company policies.
- Provides financial analysis that turns data into insight.
- Works with external auditors and provides needed information for audits.
- Performs other related duties as necessary or assigned.
- Adheres to all applicable company policies and procedures.
- Excellent management and supervisory skills.
- Strongly detail-oriented.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in accounting and tax preparation software.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or related field required; Master’s Degree a plus.
- 7-10+ years of progressive development in Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, or closely related field required.
- Past experience in controller function or equivalent required.
- Prior experience with cryptocurrencies preferred but not required. Prior experience with accounting for inventory would be a plus as well.
- Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designation preferred.
- FLSA Exempt
- Medical, Life, Vision, Dental Insurance
- Paid vacation and sick time
Coinmint, operates one of the largest digital currency data centers in the world, in a former Alcoa Aluminum smelter in Massena, NY. With 435MW of transformer capacity at its Massena complex and another facility in Plattsburgh, NY, Coinmint provides co-location services to third party digital currency miners and also conducts self-mining operations. Coinmint's innovative approach, material advantage, and best-of-class partnerships and management team offer our clients an opportunity to succeed in the exciting world of digital currency mining.
Job Type: Full-time
Anyone entering one of our facilities is required to wear a mask, maintain social distance, and complete a COVID-19 questionnaire. Interviews may be conducted remotely.