What is Polygon?Polygon is the leading platform for Ethereum scaling and infrastructure development
. Its growing suite of products offers developers easy access to all major scaling and infrastructure solutions: L2 solutions (ZK Rollups and Optimistic Rollups), sidechains, hybrid solutions, stand-alone and enterprise chains, data availability solutions, and more. Polygon’s scaling solutions have seen widespread adoption with 3000+ applications hosted, 1B+ total transactions processed, ~100M+ unique user addresses, and $5B+ in assets secured.The RoleThis role is designed to be the Polygon Studios (PS) point of contact for both existing and newbusinesses in the AAA/AA and Indie gaming industry.The ideal candidate would have BD and strategy experience in AAA and Indie gaming andwould be able to leverage their connections to grow business for Polygon.To lead Business growth for the AAA/AA and Indie gaming industry at Polygon Studios. Theactivities include but are not limited to identifying and evaluating new business opportunities,reaching out, forging partnerships and integrating/onboarding game creators, publishersdevelopers and ecosystem partners such as streaming and engagement platforms to thePolygon Studios Ecosystem.You will work closely with the PS gaming team to grow adoption and deploy resources in thegaming vertical.
What you need to succeed:
- Understand industry best practices and trends within the gaming industry and advise how game studios can interact and join the web3 Polygon ecosystem.
- Preferable: Pre-existing knowledge about NFTs and Web3 gaming and concepts
- Have industry knowledge of gaming revenue points and lead discussions of moving to a web3 revenue generation business model of Play 2 Earn and Marketplaces.
- Build industry connections to be able to know and win new projects that are looking to build on scaling blockchains and win them over to Polygon through industry knowledge of Polygon being the premium L2 scaling solution and offering Polygon Studio support.
- Grow relationships with AAA gaming and leading indie houses in the industry and discuss how they could shift business models to web3, including identifying the kind of tools required for Web3 onboarding, integrations with popular gaming engines, turnkey service providers etc
- Account management and project management to coordinate project onboarding to Polygon and introductions to the area of Polygon internal business units.
- Be able to hold advanced negotiations with high-level gaming studios and enterprise clients to allocate Polygon Studios resources to be able to win projects.
- Leverage your industry connections to engage and advise on web3 industry trends and knowledge to move to web3.
- Build a pipeline of projects from both inbound and outbound lead generation.
- Polygon Studios is committed to providing you with the required tools to succeed in your role. This is a Senior/mid-level role and would report to the Head of Business Development and have support from Junior staff.
Benefits:Work from anywhere (Remote first)Flexible working hoursFlexible vacation policyCompetitive Salary + Token bonus (portion or all can be paid in Crypto)
Polygon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Learn More about PolygonWebsite | Twitter | Ecosystem Twitter | Developer Twitter | Studios Twitter | Telegram | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | Facebook | LinkedIn