Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our offices in Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
As a Research Analyst, you will focus on identifying and vetting a wide variety of investment and trading opportunities in the cryptoassets and DeFi sectors. This is a unique opportunity to contribute to the growth of a market leader in the cryptoasset trading ecosystem and benefit from professional development in a highly supportive and collaborative environment.
- Publish timely internal and external research on market events
- Analyze new initiatives and products to produce data-driven research reports
- Generate and present investment ideas in the cryptoassets and DeFi sectors based on fundamental research
- Identify and evaluate key valuation drivers, thematic views and industry macro trends; provide real-time news-driven updates
- Participate in the development of event-driven trading opportunities in cryptoassets
- Assist in management of cryptoassets portfolio
- Participate in industry conferences and events
Required Skills & Experience:
- Professional experience in cryptoassets research with a strong understanding of crypto-economics.
- 2+ years of experience in fundamental research
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Proficient in technical terminology related to general cryptography and protocol languages
- Extensive experience developing research models, interpreting and reporting on research results and vetting opportunities for investment
- Professional experience using Python (or a similar language) for time series or statistical analysis
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree or advanced degree, preferably in finance, economics or engineering
- Previous experience in news-based or event-based research is a plus
- A strong understanding of futures, equities, options, and lending markets is a plus