As one of the largest and most trusted digital asset platforms globally, we are empowering people to experience the life-changing potential of crypto. Trusted by over 8 million consumer and pro traders, institutions, and authorities worldwide - our unique combination of products, services, and global expertise is helping tip the scales towards mass crypto adoption. But we’re only just getting started. We want to be pioneers in crypto and add value to the everyday lives of billions. Now is not the time to sit on the sidelines. Join us to bring crypto to the world.
About The Role
Are you a crypto expert and PR pro looking to combine your passion with your day job? Let's talk! We’re expanding our communications efforts by adding a senior level communications manager to our team. In this remote based position, you’ll be tasked with generating amazing global coverage and building relationships within the organization as well as with reporters and industry peers.
You’ll be living in the crypto space 24/7 so being familiar with crypto and Fintech in general is key in this role, as well as having solid experience in story pitching, story mining and media monitoring.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Strengthen existing relationships and cultivate new relationships with print, online, broadcast reporters, producers, bloggers and influencers globally.
- Reactively respond to media inquiries, educate reporters, correct misperceptions about our industry/field/products and work with the team on issues and crisis communications.
- Work with company executives to position Kraken as a thought leader among top tier media outlets.
- Collaborate closely with content, growth marketing, product marketing teams and subject matter experts around the company to implement the company's external communication strategy.
- Organize press briefings, media sessions and events, and create press materials including media pitches, FAQs and fact sheets in coordination with the team.
- Storymine with executives to create thoughtful pitches and narratives.
- Measure and report impact of campaigns reflecting on key performance indicators.
- Monitor the social landscape and elevate notable developments and trends
Who You Are
- 6+ years experience in public relations in tech with established connections at major publications
- Bachelor’s Degree in PR, Marketing, Journalism, or equivalent experience preferred
- Avid bitcoin and cryptocurrency enthusiast a must! It's okay if you haven't worked in a crypto PR agency before, but being especially knowledgeable about the field is essential.
- Excellent organization skills and written and oral communication skills required
- Deep understanding of the social media and influencer community
- Willingness to work hard and roll up your sleeves to get work done, even when at times it is outside the scope of the job
- Ability to develop creative, effective approaches to difficult communications challenges
- You’re the “go-to” at the party who everyone asks about bitcoin
- You have been told that you have excellent judgment
- You welcome feedback from others and want to know how you can improve
- You care more about getting work done correctly than attempting to impress
- You have an insatiable thirst for knowledge and enjoy doing a lot of online research
- You are extremely organized, detail-oriented and catch all typos or grammatical errors
- You understand crypto assets well enough to write about them
- You are independent but also a great collaborator
- You can manage projects and negotiate with ease
- You are agile and can adapt easily to ever changing priorities, needs, styles and issues
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique and diverse experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives, regardless of their background.
As an equal opportunity employer we don’t tolerate discrimination or harassment of any kind. Whether that’s based on race, ethnicity, age, gender identity, citizenship, religion, sexual orientation, disability, pregnancy, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state or local laws.
Stay in the know
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn