Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
Our Onchain engineering Team is a crypto-native development team focused on supporting a growing list of integrations with popular chains such as Stacks, and decentralized applications. This is a unique opportunity for technology enthusiasts to embrace your next challenge, to design tailor-made solutions, and to build high-performance web services that handle large volumes of transactions 24x7.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Software Engineer, Onchain/Defi to join our US engineering Team. This role will provide an early and significant impact on the engineering team in the US. You will collaborate with the business team and product team to provide engineering solutions in order to bring new listings onto our trading platform, and ensure the integration with the public chains are stable and reliable. You will be expected to be responsible for such areas as implementation and support of backend microservices, working closely with the front end and cross-functional teams to coordinate complex deliverables, do research and provide meaningful feedback about any decision being made within the team.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Participate in the full development lifecycle, including design, coding, automated testing, and production releases of backend services
- Work with oversea engineering team to deploy production level solutions to bring new listings live
- Be a problem solver and drive to get results
- Able to find and fix performance, scalability and other live issues in a time critical environment
- Prototype ideas quickly using cutting edge technologies
- Communicate effectively to peers and leadership on tasks and projects
- Collaborate closely with front-end, architecture and cross-functional teams and deliver compelling solutions
- Passion for code quality, maintainability and testability
What We Look For In You:
- 3 years of experience or more in a Software Engineer role
- Proven track record working with real-world projects, solid understanding of software development/delivery lifecycle
- A strong advocate of code craftsmanship, excellent coding standards, constant quality improver mindset with a bit of healthy perfectionism
- Strong CS fundamentals, solid knowledge of OOP/OOD, GoF design patterns
- Proficiency with Java stack and JVM (memory/performance tuning, GC)
- Solid understanding of concepts like Web Services, SOA, REST APIs, Message Queue, Distributed/Scalable Architecture
- Proficiency in Spring Framework, Hibernate (or similar ORM), Maven, Git
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with Java Spring Boot is preferred
- Experience with MySQL is preferred
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Familiarity with product management processes and tools
- Experience working with teams across offices and time zones
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.