Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The data analytics team leverages business intelligence, product analytics, data science, and data engineering to improve the business by helping team members and systems to facilitate smarter decision making across the whole organization, inform product roadmap and prioritization, and improve customer experience. The data team collaborates closely with cross-functional teams and leadership across marketing, product, compliance, and engineering.
About the Opportunity
You will take charge of the core end-to-end analytics team, from business intelligence to product experimentation on our analytics platform. You will be responsible for democratizing insights about our core businesses, collaborating with cross-functional teams and business leaders to define, measure and understand key metrics, influence business strategy through data, inform product roadmap, and significantly impact the business bottom-line. To achieve this, you’ll manage the analytics team, up level the team’s capabilities through emphasis on causal inference, instrumentation, experimentation, infrastructure readiness, data integrity and governance. You will drive a culture of excellence to demonstrate what great insights and quality looks like. You will collaborate closely with engineering in defining the data collection needs, the data schema, in order to guarantee that there is high data quality and reliability across the business. If you’ve got an analytics superpower, and are excited about leading through insights, and achieve fundamental disruptive impacts, we’d love to hear from you!
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Define and execute a plan to better understand and maximize measurable drivers of our business
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and leadership to set company-wide strategy based on data-driven insights across product, marketing, compliance, and others
- Improve our ability and ease to ask and answer questions based on data with a combination of qualitative and quantitative information
- Manage a growing team of analysts to build and reinforce data-driven culture, democratize access to insights, and up level the team’s ability to derive business insights to drive business results and strategy
- Scale and up level the data team by hiring, improving our onboarding program, building culture of excellence, and mentorship
- This leadership role will collaborate with marketing, product, compliance, and other teams
- Oversee the design and delivery of reports and insights that analyze business functions and key operations and performance metrics
- Manage and optimize processes for data instrumentation, validation, mining and engineering as well as modeling, visualization and communication deliverables
- Oversee the data/report requests process: tracking requests submitted, prioritization, approval, etc
- Develop and implement quality controls and departmental standards to ensure quality standards, organizational expectations, and regulatory requirements
- Communicate results and business impacts of insight initiatives to stakeholders within and outside of the company
What We Look For In You:
- At least 10 years of experience in monitoring, managing, manipulating and drawing insights from data, with experiences in focusing on all of the following areas: experimentation, product analytics, and analytics platforms. At least 3 years of experience leading a team or mentoring other analysts
- Exceptional ability to translate between business and technical audiences, especially in summarizing highly technical analyses to non-technical audiences
- Working knowledge of data mining principles: predictive analytics, mapping, collecting data from multiple data systems on premises and cloud-based data sources
- Strong SQL skills, ability to perform effective querying involving multiple tables and subqueries
- Understanding of and experience using analytical concepts and statistical techniques: hypothesis development, designing tests/experiments, analyzing data, drawing conclusions, and developing actionable recommendations for business units
- Experience using analytics techniques to contribute to company growth efforts, increasing revenue and other key business outcomes
- Strong problem solving, quantitative and analytical abilities
- Strong ability to plan and manage numerous processes, people and projects simultaneously
- Excellent communication, collaboration and delegation skills
- Fluent in Mandarin and English
Nice to Haves:
- You either are already or are eager to become an expert in the blockchain and cryptocurrency landscape and will understand how speculators, traders, digital asset exchanges, blockchain money services businesses and financial institutions operate
- Experience working in a disruptive technology, successfully launching products, ideally, within FinTech, eCommerce, SaaS, AdTech, or Digital Wallet business experience
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Training & Development Reimbursement
- PTO, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.