What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a VP of Trading Platforms and Institutional Products to join our growing team!
About the Team and Role
This role will be responsible for evaluating, innovating and scaling our roadmap utilizing a platform and multi-tenant mindset in how we build out our products.
At BlockFi, our number one objective is to reliably deliver products that meet the needs of the business and our clients. Our team is largely remote, working across timezones and prides itself on being solutions-focused.
We want to work with people who are humble enough to recognize they don’t know everything and curious enough to ask questions. People who like to get things done and have a talent to unblock tasks while building deep organizational relationships along the way. Some of the specific characteristics we look for include:
- A people-first approach to leadership
- A strong technical background
- Ability to work independently and make decisions with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to build relationships
If this description fits you, we'd love to hear from you!
- Work collaboratively across the businesses / functional areas to define, sequence, and execute the roadmap for our Institutional Quant Platform (IQP) and suite of trading, lending and derivative products
- Drive institutional business PnL through development of new tradable products and system capabilities for trade booking and position lifecycle management
- Work with quantitative developers and core engineering teams to build capabilities for pre-trade, trade and post-trade automation which are integrated into the company’s technology architecture
- Guide quantitative developers and collaborate with core engineering teams to develop algorithms and risk monitoring software applications to make electronic markets and manage real-time risk
- Scale platform end-to-end capabilities across the trade-lifecycle, including:
- client onboarding, deal pricing, order management and execution, risk and position management, trade events settlement and payment operations, treasury management, financial product controls and accounting systems
- Identify measurable business outcomes, develop product KPIs and build the reporting and analytics to measure success.
- Develop and maintain product documentation and training materials to ensure effective implementation and use
- Define and maintain KPIs to monitor impact of platforms productivity and performance.
- Cross-functional leadership
- Partner with other teams across the company to drive collaboration and alignment.
- Working with Revenue Operations and Finance teams to ensure product data is incorporated into product health metrics
- Educate product managers on developing business plans (i.e., profit and loss Proforma) in conjunction with the Finance team to understand the viability and priority of proposed solutions
- 10+ years of product management experience in financial services with 5+ years of experience in developing institutional quant platforms at scale
- Having an understanding and worked with P&L Ownership
- Understanding Institutional Trading business internal and external market requirements
- Versed in defining use cases and collaborating deeply with a broad range of stakeholders to deliver best-in-class scalable platforms.
- Fin-tech, prime brokerage, derivatives trading and/or payments experience is desirable.
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills (English).
- Able to work independently and lead product and engineering teams while maintaining transparency and collaboration with a larger organization.
- Maintain composure and tact under pressure.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand