Cumberland - a DRW Company is the cryptoasset arm of DRW, established in 2014 after pursuing an early interest in cryptoassets and their underlying technologies. Today, Cumberland is a global leader in cryptoassets, uniquely positioned between the traditional financial markets and the cryptoasset ecosystem. From our globally distributed offices including Chicago, London and Singapore, we provide 24-hour access to a wide array of cryptoassets while helping the crypto ecosystem evolve in a responsible, sustainable way.
We are looking for a DeFi Trader / Portfolio Manager to join our team as our operation and the industry continue to grow. As a DeFi Trader / Portfolio Manager, you will focus on identifying, vetting, and executing a wide variety of trading and yield farming opportunities in the cryptoasset and DeFi sectors. You will utilize the disciplines of risk management, research, and technology to manage the DeFi cryptoasset portfolio and contribute to the growth of an early stage trading team.
- Manage a multi-strategy DeFi focused cryptoassets portfolio, including the execution of trades, balance sheet management, and risk management
- Generate and pursue trading and yield farming ideas in DeFi sectors based on fundamental and quantitative research
- Contribute to all other aspects of trading activities including: trade postings, position reconciliation, risk management tasks, identifying opportunities, research, and post trade analysis
- Participate in the design and formation of trading systems and strategies; continuously work with team members to improve these systems
- Stay current with changes in system functionality, market structure changes, and industry developments
- Communicate closely with our globally distributed, multi-disciplinary team
Required Experience & Skills:
- Professional trading experience in cryptoasset sectors
- Expert level understanding of DeFi markets, protocols, and projects OR professional experience using Python (or a similar language) for time series or statistical analysis
- Proven idea generation and investment track record
- Ability to articulate and troubleshoot trades, strategies, and systems
- Strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills
- Must have a sense of urgency and ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- A strong understanding of futures, options, and lending markets is a plus