What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for an Electronic Trading Quantitative Developer join our growing team!
As an Electronic Trading Quantitative Developer, you will help BlockFi build a world-class electronic trading platform for crypto. Working on a team of experienced and dedicated engineers, you will have the freedom to make independent design decisions and implement new technologies. The platform is part of a broader execution services business designed to enable thousands of institutional clients to price and place trades over a combination of UI and API at scale.
- Work on portfolio management / execution management systems, including a smart-order-router and order management system
- Help build and maintain the algo suite (market order, TWAP, VWAP, etc.)
- Help build and maintain market data repository (spot metadata, derivatives metadata, pricing repository)
- Help build and maintain venue connectivity (connectivity to aggregators, exchanges, and OTC desks)
- Help build internal matching engine
- Bachelor’s degree or higher, required
- 1- 2 years experience in electronic trading
- Strong preference for individuals with “single dealer platform” experience rather than proprietary trading experience
- Passion for trading and building scalable systems, curiosity about new technologies
- Familiarity with Python and C++
- Interest in Rust is a plus
- Familiarity with messaging services such as Redis Streams, Kafka, and RabbitMQ
- Familiarity with AWS services such as RDS, ElastiCache
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand