What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is seeking a Director of Content Marketing to join our growing team!
About Your Team & Role
The BlockFi marketing team is looking for a Director of Content Marketing to support our growing crypto platform. The role will focus on establishing our content strategy, writing and editing key narratives, developing thought leadership and other content to drive awareness and growth of BlockFi. It is a highly cross-functional role partnering with many teams to develop, launch, and scale our content marketing strategy across a portfolio of products. Content Marketing partners with Creative, Analytics, Performance Marketing, Design, Communications, and Product Marketing to develop compelling content that informs and inspires current and prospective clients.
This is a high impact role to shape and elevate our brand, capture top of funnel interest, and drive product adoption globally. Your colleagues at BlockFi are pragmatic problem solvers that are excited to tackle the most interesting challenges in the Crypto-FinTech arena.
- Establish and drive the content marketing strategy for consumers (clients)
- Own content marketing roadmap and build key narratives for BlockFi
- Develop and influence content activation plans with Creative, Social Media, SEO, Comms, and web team to deliver business impact for our brand and portfolio of products.
- Own and maintain key content channels including the company blog and newsletter by managing the content calendar, developing content, and measuring results.
- Work with founders and other key leaders to develop thought leadership articles and papers.
- Deliver detailed content marketing analysis which includes actionable insights to adjust our strategy.
- You are a self starter and a solid track record of leadership and influencing skills in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambitious, and bar-raiser to improve the quality of output for you and your team.
- 8+ years of content or digital marketing with an emphasis on strategy, editorial, and execution ownership.
- Deep portfolio of published written and multimedia content that inspires and breaks through the noise.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams and managing stakeholders, creative partners, contractors, and vendors.
- Solid knowledge and experience driving end to end content marketing campaigns -- from defining the strategy and objectives to identifying a core insight, to developing the core KPIs and content, to executing the campaigns and measuring results.
- Experience managing content writers, budgets, and content development processes.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. You can wield data and use it to inform your decision making and developing your KPIS.
- Organized and coordinated project management skills -- you have a track record of managing multiple projects and making clear trade off decisions, and executing in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience developing fintech or crypto messaging is preferred.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand