Dapper Labs, the creator of NBA Top Shot, is looking to hire a full-time Copy Lead to join the in-house NFL creative team.
The NFL Creative team at Dapper Labs is a multi-disciplinary group with specialisms spanning strategy, concept, art direction, copy design and motion. We pride ourselves on fostering a dynamic, knowledge-sharing culture, with regular reviews and presentations. Our workplace is diverse, collaborative, and fast-paced. As a member of the team, you’ll have ownership over your copy, get regular feedback to help you improve, and enjoy the freedom to champion new and fresh ideas.
At Dapper, you’ll work on highly visible portfolio pieces, collaborate with team members across a multitude of disciplines, and defy the limits of what audiences can expect from our products each day. Together, we’ll define the future of NFL fandom. You will be a creative leader on that journey.
What you'll do:
We’re looking for a Copy Lead who can help create the tone of NFL ALL DAY. From anthemic campaigns to brand guidelines to product copy, this role will define our overall consumer facing voice. You’ll need to be fluent in both the digital space and the football world, able to capture the excitement of the product and communicate it to new and existing users. As a consummate word nerd, you know how to balance perfect grammar with the cadence of a brand’s tone, ultimately able to create a consistent voice across the entire product.
We will need you to:
- Think conceptually.
- Create and influence the NFL ALL DAY voice and tone.
- Write brand and tone-appropriate content across multiple styles and projects autonomously.
- Explore widely and independently, generating a wide range of directions.
- Dive into the product, identifying opportunities and problems that we can solve using creative thinking and language.
- Provide options and rationale as your work is considered by teammates.
- Craft brand, marketing and product copy as well as manifestos, scripts, storyboards, and whatever other deliverables communicate the products USP.
- Collaborate inclusively and openly with multi-disciplinary teammates.
What you'll bring:
- An array of writing experience – Brand, UX, Marketing, and Product.
- An outstanding portfolio of work demonstrating your writing skillset(s).
- A passion for sports, and preferably, deep knowledge of the NFL and football universe.
- Experience building brand guidelines and messaging frameworks from scratch.
- Ability to apply a brand’s voice to various product or program areas.
- Ability to write copy across multiple digital contexts.
- Ability to synthesize, recognize patterns, and make sense of complex inputs.
- Fluid multi-disciplinary collaboration.
- Curiosity about people and their needs.
- Quality assurance for spelling and grammar.
- Positive, hands-on attitude.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.