We're looking for an experienced Developer Relations Manager to help us support developers in having a successful, world-class experience on the Flow Blockchain.
The ideal candidate has experience managing large and mid-size customer accounts in highly complex technical environments and is well-versed in the practice of enabling developers to be successful adopters of a platform's technologies. This role will be an individual contributor role, directly managing developers.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties and the Flow blockchain as well as current titles like NBA Top Shot. Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. Blockchain-enabled applications can bring fans closer with the brands they love, give people a real stake in the communities they contribute to, and create new ways for consumers to become creators themselves. Publicly-announced Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, and UFC. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Be responsible for taking Flow developers from the Partnerships team and project managing them end-to-end from building to launch, and supporting post-launch initiatives as needed.
- Help Partnerships team referrals that are lacking developer resources match with vetted third-party developers and design, organize, and implement an effective developer vetting program at scale.
- Collaborate with Solutions Engineering colleagues for technical feedback and support on developers' decentralized applications and service protocols built for Flow blockchain
- Work with the internal technology team along with third-party partners to lead the integration of the platform’s API and SDK offerings.
- Work with the VP of Partner Management & Operations on an organization-wide strategic plan and process for developer relations at scale.
- Work closely with Partnerships team leads and Product and Engineering teams to scope new projects, document requirements and best practices, and track ongoing feature improvements.
- Serve as a developer advocate within Dapper Labs, collecting and disseminating relevant developer feedback and information to internal stakeholders as needed.
A little about you:
- Has extensive hands-on professional experience working with an internal technology team along with third-party partners to lead the integration of a platform’s API and SDK offerings.
- We believe in processes and the power of planning, but you will often have to roll with the punches and prioritize the most impactful tasks on the fly.
- Comprehensive experience in developer relations or product management, including work experience at a company that develops and/or hosts third-party digital content, games, or other applications.
- Proven success working in complex, technical environments.
A little more about us:
At Dapper Labs we recruit the best and foster an environment that empowers our team. That means a workplace that is diverse, inclusive, and open-minded. We welcome applicants of all backgrounds, regardless of race, colour, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or disability. Don’t sweat it if you don’t have everything listed in the above requirements. Our values include continuous improvement and curiosity. If you have some of these qualities and believe that this is the position that will make you excited to work every day, then we want to hear from you!
Our people are what makes our team special - because of that, we work hard to provide our full-time team members perks that make their lives better by offering:
- Flexible vacation & remote work policy - as we accomplish our goals, time off is more than a must. Most team members take between 15-20 days off per year, but we have no hard limit for our high impact individuals.
- Diverse opportunities for learning and development - we provide resources for conferences, classes, books, and other opportunities to maintain and expand your skill set and professional growth.
- Fitness reimbursements - stay fit with our reimbursements for health-related benefits like gym memberships, fitness apps, and personal training.
- Top-Line equipment - in addition to receiving a company smartphone of your choice with a paid voice/data plan, every team member receives a generous equipment budget to try new gadgets, tools, and platforms.
- Flexible parental leave policies - We understand the importance and demands of a growing family. In addition to state, provincial, and federal leave allowances, parents on the team have the flexibility to work from home or take days off when family needs to come first.
- When we can safely return to our head office in Vancouver, fuel up with healthy snacks and coffee, get fit with an onsite gym, recover with onsite RMT/acupuncturist, and meet the many furry friends of our dog-friendly office!
Check out our careers page to learn more about what other benefits we offer!
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.