Most things worth doing can't be done alone, and coordinating a team is both harder and more important than is generally acknowledged.
We're looking for an inspiring Engineering Manager with a passion for the blockchain, NFT and digital collection space to join our CryptoKitties team. CryptoKitties was one of the very first NFT collectible experiences and in many ways defined the paradigm for all the NFT experiences that followed. In this role you will play a key role in helping shape the next iterations of the existing CryptoKitties experience and also help set the direction for the next iteration of this groundbreaking franchise.
What we'll accomplish together
- Build, lead and grow an incredible team of engineers by hiring, mentoring, and coaching them in line with our organizational values of self-growth and high impact.
- Work with product and design leads to ensure we balance product aspirations with engineering realities, tracking useful tech specifications, and maintaining appropriate user stories.
- Define, scope, and estimate team effort during the execution of important features and projects.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads to move our engineering practice forward and uphold and improve our execution standards.
- Close the gap between technical and non-technical stakeholders - explaining technical concepts to non-technical folks and translating business-oriented and strategic plans to technical folks - to ensure that everyone is aligned around the value we are creating for our users.
A little about you
- You have an engineering background with strong technical fundamentals and a history of high-quality execution.
- Even though you may not have professional experience in the space, you have a strong interest in the NFT and digital collection space.
- Track record of delivering complex technical systems that were easy for others to maintain and use, through thoughtful structure and naming, standard design patterns, and approachable documentation.
- A strong product sense, and have delivered user-facing products through rapid iteration where requirements are uncertain or changing.
- You are an enthusiastic proponent of light-weight, agile project management.
- Comfortable with trying out new tools, failing fast, and navigating unknowns.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Blockchain, infrastructure, or platform development experience.
- Scrum master experience.
- A beautiful collection of digital cats :D
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.