We are looking for a General Manager based in Japan to help build and lead a new blockchain platform ensuring community growth. You’ll play a key role in growing a business and help shape the way revolutionary new technologies are introduced to and adopted by new audiences.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
A little about us:
Founded in 2018, Dapper Labs uses blockchain technology to bring new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world. One year ago we launched NBA Top Shot on the new Flow blockchain and it's on track to be the fastest-growing marketplace in history. We're now profitable and ready to invest in building out the ecosystem so that everyone can benefit. It might be the perfect time for you to join us.
You will have:
- Approximately 2 years of experience running a major crypto project or strong crypto community network in the Japan region
- A strong understanding of the crypto ecosystem within the Japan region and key differentiations compared to other regions
- Deep connections with various groups (VCs, crypto/mainstream media and KOLs) and can tap into their support easily
- The experiences and therefore, understanding on how to properly position a new blockchain platform, branding strategy tied to growth execution at all levels: from general and dev community growth to BD pipeline and partner relations management
- Strong managerial skills and track record of being able to attract a strong A-team to lead marketing, community management and developer advocacy pillars
- The ability to coordinate with the global team to align on the macro strategy and translate that into regional execution
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.