What does success look like for you? For folks here, it means thriving in a high-autonomy environment and tackling complex problems in a technical space that is constantly changing and evolving. Engineers on our teams are focused on writing great code, but more so collaborating with Product, Design, and other team members to define the future of technology and creating this new opportunity for our users.
We need an experienced Senior Backend Engineer to help us achieve this. You'll help shift the technological landscape within the company through experimentation and auditing of emerging tech stacks while shaping the way new technology is introduced to, and adopted by, new audiences throughout the world.
Axiom Zen is an award-winning venture studio that specializes in mainstream applications of emerging technologies, combining the best parts of a startup, venture capital firm, and incubator to create a flexible platform to serve as the sustainable home for brilliant people. Products developed by Axiom Zen have touched 200+ million consumers and are used by the world’s leading organizations.
What you'll accomplish here:
- Own backend projects from scoping to production deployment.
- Prototype new concepts from scratch and help improve the backend on products with more than 100k monthly active users.
- Partner closely with Product and Design on strategy.
Our ideal candidate:
- Quickly gains proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages.
- Hacker at heart, you are able to spin up new MVPs and deliver the highest value for minimal effort.
- Product-minded, you care about the "why" behind product decisions and have empathy for the users. Capable of providing product/engineering trade-offs when offering solutions.
- Strong communicator who can collaborate well with other non-technical functions (e.g. Product & Design).
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems.
Bonus points for the following:
- Understanding of the deployment process, and comfort with Docker, containers, Kubernetes.
- Strong understanding of application and API security.
- You’ve scaled products before.