What does success look like for you? For folks here, it means thriving in a high-autonomy environment and tackling complex problems in a technical space that is constantly changing and evolving. Engineers on our teams are focused on writing great code, but also collaborating with Product, Design, and other team members to define what games mean on the blockchain, and creating this new opportunity for our users.
We need an experienced software engineer to help us achieve this. You'll help shift the technological landscape within the company through experimentation and auditing of emerging tech stacks, while shaping the way a new technology is introduced to, and adopted by, new audiences throughout the world.
Our ideal candidate:
- Quickly gains proficiency when exposed to unfamiliar technical patterns, systems, or languages.
- Is able to unblock individuals when they are faced with technical challenges.
- Is a strong communicator who can collaborate well with other non-technical functions (e.g. Product & Design).
- Has the courage to try out new tools, fail fast, and dive into unknowns to solve new and challenging problems.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Developing DApps or interacting with blockchains.
- Understands the deployment process, and is comfortable with Docker, containers, and Kubernetes.
- Event driven architecture, familiarity with AWS and comfort with having eventual consistency across multiple services.
- Has a strong understanding of application and API security.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.