What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer, Fraud to join our growing team!
About Your Team
This role will be responsible for a broad range of tasks associated with developing data driven solutions for Fraud Intelligence, Identity Risk management, and Blockchain observability.
- Participate in building, designing, and testing fraud services, platforms, and related components for frontend systems
- Design and prototype solutions by collecting, profiling, integrating, and processing data
- Develop and maintain knowledge of data available from upstream sources, 3rd-party APIs, and other integrations
- Create and operate an optimal data pipeline architecture and infrastructure
- Design and develop the automation of data pipelines and infrastructure configuration and deployments
- Participate in building on-chain observability tooling and analytics
- Developer recommendations for improving data integrity issues and working with development teams to resolve problems and integrate components
- Provide on-call support within a standardized rotation framework
- This is a seasoned professional role requiring substantial experience in data engineering, API design and management, and a good understanding of broader related areas, including authorization practices and machine learning modelling
- Relevant undergraduate degree, technical certificate, or valid industry experience required
- 4+ years of direct experience with data engineering/processing and/or risk systems
- Experience with data discovery, ETL tools and processes, time-series databases, and real-time metrics aggregation
- Proficient programming skills in a programming language like Elixir, Scala, Rust, as well as database-oriented languages such as SQL
- Experience with containerized deployments and continuous integration methodologies
- Advanced analytical and problem solving skills
- Experience with large-scale systems, event sourcing models, dataflow and stream processing, pipelines, and Data Science methodologies is a plus, (e.g. Spark, Scala, HIVE)
- Experience with Fraud and Identity platforms and workflows is a plus
- Experience with running blockchain nodes and working with blockchain data is a plus
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand