We're looking for an energetic Accounts Payable Clerk to support our dynamic accounting and financial reporting functions across the Axiom Zen portfolio. You will work directly with the finance team to support the month-end closing process, while constantly seeking opportunities to refine the sophistication of our financial reporting capabilities and accelerating our timelines to deliver.
A little about us:
Axiom Zen is a startup that builds startups. Founded in 2012, we have built dozens of products and four standalone companies, serving hundreds of millions of consumers. Our companies include Dapper Labs (the makers of CryptoKitties, the world’s most popular blockchain game), ZenHub (improving developer productivity in startups and Fortune 500), and Routific (leading route optimization platform). Axiom Zen was named first among Canada’s Most Innovative Companies in 2016. Born on February 28, 2018, Dapper Labs is the home of CryptoKitties. The group was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of blockchain technology through entertainment and play. Dapper Labs has an internal game studio as well as social platform and infrastructure teams that are building different products for the blockchain space. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, and Zynga, among others.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Receive and match invoices to purchase orders / agreements and input invoices accurately into accounting system
- Communicate with functional teams, gathering information for accurate cost coding to facilitate internal and external reporting needs
- Track invoice aging to ensure effective coordination with pay cycles
- Assist in the development of processes and controls to ensure efficiency of the AP function
- Reconcile corporate credit card transactions on a daily basis
- Support the Finance team with period close procedures as required
- Assist with external audit requirements
- Ad-hoc projects as necessary
A little about you:
- Completion of Accounting or Business Administration degree
- You have relevant experience in a similar role, particularly in companies with high-volume (multi-million) transactions and / or tech and startup environments.
- Experience with Xero and / or Netsuite would be an asset.
- You have demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You are excited about emerging technology like blockchain / cryptocurrency, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- You have solid proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite.
- You are flexible and willing to go that extra mile to gain more knowledge and experience.