We’re looking for a Communications Manager to support our Head of Strategy, Product Marketing and provide additional support to the Communications, Growth, Partnership, and Community Teams. This role will be central to our communications efforts across Dapper Labs’ Sports Offerings. You’ll serve as a central point of contact for company communications assets, work cross-functionally with team members across the organization on projects big and small to help reach our audiences and communities with important updates, and support key partner and partnership communications. You are driven, operationally detailed, a team player, self-disciplined, and organized. This role requires the ability to balance multiple day-to-day assignments, navigate media inquiries, prepare press materials and briefings and provide media coverage reports to both Dapper Sports' communications and various partner teams.
The dynamic nature of this role requires that the ideal candidate possesses enthusiasm and dynamism, an understanding of blockchain/NFT (and a strong appetite to build on that knowledge!), high-level writing and editing skills, and a successful record of handling strong press relationships and knowledge of B2B and B2C communications. We are looking for someone eager to grow as part of our team and able to flourish in the fluidity of the role.The role will be seen as a communications generalist and must interact seamlessly with a broad range of individuals including members of the leadership team as well as key external partners. To perform this job successfully, the individual is expected to handle sensitive and confidential institutional information while exercising professionalism and discretion. Experience working across or strong knowledge of sports and gaming focus areas is preferred. We need someone who has a passion for brand voice on sports, gaming, and entertainment content.
What success looks like:
- Cultivate excellent professional relationships with colleagues, partners, industry influencers, and media with an emphasis on sports, gaming, news, and entertainment
- A creative mindset to craft consumer-facing pitches for content on Dapper Sports
- Excellent digital and traditional media strategist, understanding how Dapper Sports' online presence can improve its reputation
- Diligence in written and verbal communication, with particular care to tone and verbiage, producing a consistently high standard of materials for press and other partners
- Develop positive relationships with the communications and partner teams across the region
- Provide streamlined information and analysis on sophisticated issues for multiple audiences
- Keen interest in the integration of Dapper Sports' core product offering in business and media
- Utilize data to advise and craft your approach
- Maintain a strong level of administrative and operational diligence, producing reports, analysis, press outreach materials, and media lists
- Cultivate ongoing media relationships with press and maintain a steady drumbeat of press materials for outreach and coverage
- Develop and execute reactive and proactive communications plans using all channels, including interviews, messaging, statements, blogs, etc.
- Build out a repository of impressive communications assets for external and internal use, all that help tell our amazing and evolving story: decks, data, bios, headshots, audio and video content, and more
- Sharing the company voice and story in thoughtful and transparent ways
- Support your colleagues, advising them on media issues that may arise
- Serve as one of Dapper Sports main points of contact for day-to-day queries from press
- Support our Communications team and provide additional support to the Growth, Content, Athlete Partnership and Community Teams, as well as other communications units during critical and crisis-related moments.
A bachelor's degree and/or masters qualification. Professional proficiency in English. 4-6 years communications experience including media relations in technology, media, sports and/or gaming. Excellent writing, editing, and messaging skills. Good humor, and high levels of compassion and empathy. A global approach and an ability to understand, respect, appreciate and work with different cultures, perspectives, and attitudes. A thoughtful, considered, and detailed approach to your work and colleagues. Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, pressurized environment, and to meet deadlines. Consistently flexible, amiable, a good colleague, and a strong, committed collaborator.
A Little About Us:
Dapper team members are humble and curious entrepreneurs, builders, and tinkerers who share a passion to demystify blockchain technology and tap its potential to create change in the world. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues. Everyone here is a founder, and no one fits in a box. We’re all driven by an insatiable thirst for learning and development, and that’s what brings us together.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.