As the Director of Platform Engineering, you will oversee, build and grow the teams responsible for Dapper Labs's platform services and features. Areas of focus include DevOps, SRE, CI/CD, Build/Release, Observability, Performance, and more. This team will ensure that our Engineering organization can continue to scale with our business growth. Additionally, your investments in availability, reliability, and performance will have a direct impact on our customer's experience with the product.
Dapper Labs is a remote-first company with a culture of flexibility, written documentation, open company communication, and collaboration. Our values guide our every move and we believe that by building a diverse group of remote individuals, we can push forward our mission and create a rewarding, inclusive, and fun work environment for our entire team.
- Scale the Platform Engineering team by hiring additional Engineering Managers and Engineers.
- Support and grow your Engineering Managers through coaching, mentorship and guidance.
- Develop pillars of excellence within the Platform team, through ideation, strategy, planning and execution, in core focus areas like DevOps, SRE, Observability, Performance, Developer Productivity, and more.
- Establish a clearly documented service catalog across the platform team and provide a clear SLA/SLOs for every product within this.
- Management of high complexity of transactional scale in a high security ecosystem.
- Augmenting a practice of ongoing operational excellence through the continuous systematic refinement of service offering performance.
- 3+ years as a Director of Engineering, or higher.
- Experience supporting small teams and growing medium size teams.
- Experience in the above at a venture backed, high-growth company.
- Experience with supporting teams operating in GCP.
- Proven record as both player and coach in agile environments.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.