NBA Top Shot caught lightning in a bottle, bringing in over one million users to the blockchain in a matter of months. We’re looking for a Data Scientist to take our growth trajectory to the next level.
We're looking for an experienced data leader who can bring a data-driven culture and expertise to Dapper Sports. The ideal candidate has worked in gaming, e-commerce, marketplaces, and other companies working with large sets of data and inputs.
Location: Remote OK, working on Pacific Time and traveling to Vancouver when needed
Jobs to be done:
- Build mathematical models and automated machine learning tools to analyze and optimize all aspects of Dapper Sports products, providing actionable insights in real-time
- Understand the competitive marketplace, business issues, and data challenges to deliver actionable insights, recommendations, and business processes
- Design and implement experiments to test various hypotheses
- Influence development teams to implement tools, features, and designs - success is measured in new users, retention, marketplace activity, drops, and lifetime value
- Research new modeling algorithms, languages, packages, and statistical tools to enhance the overall productivity of the team
- Work with members of the Data Science team to deliver high-impact AI/ML products.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.