What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our growing team!
About Your Team
The Growth Tech Engineering organization owns the platforms and services that powers off-site marketing, onsite experimentation, and personalization capabilities. They partner closely with the Growth & Marketing organization to analyze client behaviors and ensure all of our products are optimized to drive business growth and client retention.
Growth Technology team will own marketing engineering functions related to the marketing website and enable new technology and functionality related to Braze, Branch, Segment, Launchdarkly, and other Marketing Tech related tools.
As a Senior Engineer, you will tackle hands-on, high impact work as we develop a platform built for global scale. You will proactively identify problems, design and implement technical solutions and tools. You will collaborate, teach, and learn from teammates. We are looking for detail-oriented senior engineers who have real world experience building and deploying enterprise web systems at scale.
- Architect/Design: Ability to read code and design our web systems with stakeholders and users in mind, keeping availability, reliability, scalability, performance, and security woven into the blueprint of the product.
- Ownership & Delivery: Execute on plans and designs to build a highly performant and reliable web system that will analyze and measure client interactions & user experience , ensure that work adheres to quality standards through code reviews, team communication, and continuous learning.
- Elevate: Continuously improve engineering standards, processes, planning, solutions, and efficiency. Have the mindset of always executing.
- Adapt: Quickly learn new tools and technologies, develop an understanding of the existing code base and services/systems that it interacts with. Ability and motivation to pick up work streams outside of your technical expertise and comfort zone within the team.
- Technical Breadth and Depth: Industry experience working with, designing, and building enterprise static websites in the JAMstack and a Headless CMS. An appreciation of a good UI/UX client experience. The ideal candidate should have a good understanding of the following technologies: CSS, headless CMS, React.js, Typescript, GraphQL queries, Github actions, and Cloudflare. Bonus if you have knowledge of third-party tools such as Segment, Braze, Branch, and additional Marketing Tech tools.
- Technical Ownership: A good steward of code architecture and organization. A good mind for complex web systems and multiple distributed systems.
- Communication: Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills. Able to actively and respectfully listen and learn from as well as explain ideas to teammates and stakeholders. Inclination to over communicate and seek confirmation in a remote environment.
- Collaboration: Able to peer program and bounce ideas off teammates. Inclination to speak up and ask for assistance or second opinions as needed. Comfortable with reaching out and working with stakeholders and across different teams..
- Initiative and focus on outcomes: Comfortable with juggling multiple priorities and handling unknowns as they arise. Aware that being an engineer is not just coding but using engineering tools to solve business problems. Continuously improve on a globally distributed web system with localization features.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand