Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Design team at Okcoin is a group of multidisciplinary creatives, designers, technologists and writers that believe in blending the best of visual and experience design to create delightful products for our customers. Product design is a strategic, user-centric, and data-informed function within the Design team. We value craft and intuitive interaction to solve complex design problems — balancing customer needs and business objectives.
About the Opportunity
Okcoin builds mobile-first experiences through products and features that cater to retail investors as we evolve the business beyond the core trader customer base. We make it easy to buy and sell crypto and provide access to passive income earning opportunities, but we need to continue innovating and rounding out the retail offering. Okcoin is seeking a Design Technologist to join us on this quest to make crypto accessible to everyone.
As a Design Technologist, you'll be a member of the Design team specialized in creating prototypes and digital experiences. You will bring technology to the design and creative process, and the designs you bring to life will create remarkable experiences for our customers. You will craft experiences based on research, data and insights that delight millions of customers worldwide.
You are well-versed in an appropriate mix of development and prototyping platforms and tools, and know how to select the best platform for the task. You'll provide code that is flexible and can be iterated upon and pride yourself on being up-to-date with the latest standards. Thriving on exploration and experimentation, you are at the heart of co-creating ideas and bringing them to life. You have skills that complement your application of technology including but never limited to: a precise eye for intelligent UX, great design, and good foundations in strategy and process.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Actively participate in concept development and design ideation as part of a small team.
- Work on projects from ideation and design through implementation with product and content design partners
- Take part in brainstorms, partnering with colleagues from cross-functional teams
- Implement hands-on technical development of prototypes coming out of ideation
- Present ideas or prototypes to peers, cross-functional teams and leadership
- Work creatively through and around perceived limitations imposed by the delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers
- Evaluate and document any new creative and engineering standards or patterns that could arise from your work
- Rapidly build and iterate prototypes that push the bounds of today’s computing to prove concepts and test ideas.
- Develop polished, high-fidelity functional prototypes to prove and sell concepts to development teams and senior leadership.
- Partner with engineering to ensure that interactive techniques and technologies translate through to shipping products and services.
What We Look For In You:
- Portfolio of work that displays design, high-fidelity animation, motion, iconography, typography, color, and imagery
- Understanding of web and mobile standards, browser performance and best practices
- Proficient in design tools such as Figma and Framer for prototyping
- Experience building Figma Plugins
- Experience working with and contributing to design systems
- Familiarity with tools such as Adobe After Effects, Cinema 4D
Nice to Haves:
- BS in Computer Science or a related technical field, and 4 years of relevant work experience
- Backend development – Familiarity of Ruby, Java, or other backend languages
- Experience designing for Fintech, Investment platforms, or Crypto products.
- Experience working with global teams across offices and timezones.
- Ability to travel internationally about 10% of the time.
- Fluent in Mandarin.
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
OKCoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.