Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 30 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in San Francisco, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Technical Writing team will transform technical specifications and other product design artifacts into simplified accessible documentation to inform and educate potential partners about the value our business can provide.
The Team leads the charge on driving clarity and completeness of business and product concepts as we deliver new products and features for our customers.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for our first Technical Writer who is ready to build an inclusive future of finance. You will work directly with the VP of Engineering, and collaborate with engineers, product managers and other teams across our scaling company, to create documentation for cutting-edge technology that is changing the way finance works.
What You’ll Be Doing:
As a member of the Okcoin Platform’s team, you’ll collaborate with our stakeholders - including EngineeringManagers, Product Managers and Software engineers - to:
- Maintain and continuously improve platform documentation content in collaboration with engineers, product managers, designers, triagers, project managers, and others.
- Review and edit content for all new and enhanced features.
- Produce content for using Okcoin Platform features, FAQs, including contextual content that clarifies whyand when a user might use a feature or workflow.
- Help Okcoin Engineers who have documentation-related questions.
- Identify and address content gaps or the need for additional media such as diagrams or videos.
- Participate in reviews and revamps of section or page content and structure.
- Help review and triage incoming suggestions, corrections, and other content from the Okcoin Engineering organization.
- Help create and enforce standardization on naming conventions, terminology, and UI text, such as field labels and error messages, in our product.
- Improve the documentation site features and user experience in collaboration with engineers and UX Designers. These efforts might include the documentation site’s design, search, build process, feedback methods, SEO, visitor analytics, versioning, and other technical components.
- Contribute to the improvement of team process and style, as well as cross-functional efforts.
- Plan and complete large content initiatives, such as section reviews and revamps.
What We Look For In You:
- Experience writing, editing, researching, and planning software documentation.
- Excellent skills in grammar, minimalist documentation design, and effective information architecture.
- Great teaching skills that translate into amazing written work.
- Experience using the Linux shell, command-line Git, HTML/CSS, and/or at least one programming language(does not have to be in a professional context).
- Experience producing documentation for a variety of products and services.
- Some experience planning and leading major initiatives, such as the launch of new documentation resources,large-scale documentation reviews and revamps, and cross-functional initiatives.
- Experience with static site generators, managing docs as code, and the nuances of differing markup standards and rendering engines.
- Ability to thrive in an environment where self-learning and self-service is encouraged and instilled as a part of our culture.
Experience with some of the following:
- Using or documenting DevOps tools
- Software development or other technical experience
- Using Cloud Platforms (eg: AWS, GCP, Azure)
- A rapidly scaling start-up environment
- Distributed work; especially in collaboration with others across countries and time zones
Nice to Haves:
- Crypto, blockchain or DeFi startup industry experience - *strong plus*
- Come from an engineering background (CS degree or was an engineer before)
- Fintech startup industry experience or experience working in a disruptive technology.
- A history (and preference) of being both strategic, analytical and execution-oriented
- Familiarity with engineering and product management processes and tools
- Experience working with teams across offices and timezones.
- Ability to read/write Mandarin Chinese is preferred
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.