We are looking for an exceptional Head of Product Design to develop world class user interfaces and experiences for fundamental DAO tooling on Flow.
This role will be critical in helping create delightful, responsive interfaces and user flows for desktop and mobile. You will help shape accessible and scalable solutions and make a huge impact on how people & organizations connect, make decisions, create and capture value and more in the brave new world of Web3.
The ideal candidate is passionate about UI/UX and is constantly testing and trying new products, deconstructing them to understand areas of opportunity (e.g. online, e-comm, apps, and games). You are progressive in your design sensibilities, pulling ideas across industries and platforms to shape accessible and innovative user experiences. You have a strong understanding of visual design & UX and are able to unify them to create beautiful and cohesive design systems. The customer experience in products you’ve built is filled with surprise and delight.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Create a clear and compelling vision and strategy for the product design organization and design systems used across our Collectives’ products.
- Partner with product and engineering leaders, across discovery and delivery, to ensure our tooling is our products prioritize accessibility, usability and delight, with elegant and intuitive features that solve audience problems and needs.
- Collaborate with product managers, engineers, and cross-functional stakeholders to understand requirements, and provide creative, thoughtful solutions and build concise user-centric visions and journeys.
- Communicate the user experience at various stages of the design process by developing wireframes, flow diagrams, mockups, and high fidelity prototypes.
- Develop open source systems, libraries and outreach for product designing to extend beyond Collectives’ tooling and help other builders and designers across the Flow ecosystem.
- Apply a data-driven approach to iterate and integrate user feedback, testing and business requirements into ongoing product experience updates.
- Work with the Collectives’ Chief Product Officer to scale your team and other areas of the product organization.
- Lead a growing stable of designers (FT and contractors) to develop a roadmap and products, in conjunction with product and engineering, to realize the vision
- A strong ability to sell your ideas to key stakeholders, team members, and leadership.
- 4+ years managing, mentoring, growing and leading a product design team.
- Experience designing visual systems for desktop and mobile web that are simple, straightforward and effective.
- A portfolio that demonstrates a range and depth of skill designing beautiful and effective experiences
- Self-starter with the ability to work autonomously, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Effective in communicating conceptual ideas, detailed designs, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
- Proven ability to work closely with engineering and product teams in the design process.
- Experience with Agile product design and development.
- Knowledge of or experience with designing for Web3 and complexities/challenges of process is a huge plus.
About Dapper Collectives:
Dapper Collectives is a unit of Dapper Labs with a mission to bring decentralized organizations (“DAOs”) to the mainstream. Our vision is a world where value flows to the people and collectives that create it.
We are creating products that enable and activate collectives - groups that share/are motivated by a common interest, and/or work together to achieve a common objective.
Dapper Collectives enables communities and worlds to develop and flourish in ways that would not have been possible in Web2 - collectives give creators, collectors, consumers and crypto investors all the chance to participate, to give and get value.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. We have raised over $600M from leading VCs including Fred Wilson (USV) and Chris Dixon as well as Venrock, Samsung, Google Ventures, Coatue, NBA players, and global artists, among others. Dapper Labs partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.