What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
BlockFi is looking for a Software Engineer to join our growing team!
About the Team
The Institutional Services Engineering team is dedicated to building out a suite of top-tier trading, lending, risk management, and operational tools for ourselves and our clients. We’re a highly collaborative, curious, and driven group made up of front and back end engineers, product, design, and QA automation.
As a Front End Engineer on the Institutional Services team, you will be responsible for building the UI of our trading and lending platform. You will apply your technical expertise in front-end technologies to solve complex problems while working alongside sales & trading teams. You will collaborate closely with design, product management, and back end engineers to create a world class product suite for our clients. If you are a creative self-starter, with a passion for discovering & mastering new tools & technologies, then we would love to hear from you!
- Architect/Design: Participate in design, with guidance. Understand how your work fits in with related projects or components and identify problems with requirements and fix them, helping the team course-correct when necessary.
- Deliver: Produce completed work of consistently high quality that demonstrates most or all of the hallmarks of a fleshed-out BlockFi engineering artifact, such as reliability, monitoring and alerting, security and privacy practices and techniques, documentation, integration testing, production hygiene and support processes.
- Elevate: May proactively spot and suggest areas of future work for themselves and their team. Expected to contribute to shared team responsibilities.
- Adapt: Implements independently and designs with supervision.
- Own: Consistently generate the ideas required to solve even ambiguous problems, and take ownership of the solution.
- Technical Breadth and Depth: 3+ years with modern front-end technologies such as TypeScript, React, HTML, CSS, etc. Familiarity with RESTful as well as WebSocket APIs
- Technical Ownership: You have a passion for writing concise, performant, and extensible code to create reliable and scalable products. You write tests, and have experience with continuous integration and deployment tools
- Communication: You value collaboration, both for yourself and your peers, and are thoughtful in your communication when sharing ideas or opinions
- Collaboration: You're able to build relationships within team and operate semi-autonomously, unblocking yourself and peers when needed
- Initiative and focus on outcomes: You are looking at the big picture, you observe and improve your team’s work. You are interested in the team’s success as a whole, not just a personal success.
- Adaptive: Ability and motivation to quickly learn new languages, technologies and tools.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand