About the role:
Dapper Labs is at an inflection point in our journey and it might be the perfect time for you to join us. Less than 6 months ago we launched NBA Top Shot on the new Flow blockchain and it is already on track to be the fastest-growing marketplace in history. Over $200 million in sales in the past 30 days and nearly 300k active users driven by organic growth. We're now profitable and ready to invest in building out the ecosystem so everyone can benefit.
We're looking for product-minded data engineers to build out real-time data streams. You'll join a high-performing team that's scaling rapidly and build sustainable foundations for the future. You will design, build, and deploy data pipelines and analytics infrastructure to enable real-time analytics. This will involve cross-functional collaboration with data scientists, business analysts, and product managers to understand the company’s data-related needs and to formulate appropriate solutions. This is an opportunity to help define the company's data strategy, while laser focused on enabling the organization to make data-driven decisions by unlocking the distribution, collection, and tooling of data.
Titles or years of experience don't matter to us – impact, authenticity, and values alignment do. We are now a remote-first team and open to hiring anywhere in the world.
What We’ll Accomplish Together:
- Design, build and deploy streaming pipelines to stream data from multiple sources.
- Conduct requirements gathering, scoping, and estimation exercises around new data and feature requests.Implement tests, monitoring solutions, and integrity checks to ensure data pipelines are operating as expected.
- Investigate and debug problems with data ingestion and inconsistencies between data sources.
- Design & maintain solution, debug, and performance tune for large-scale distributed streaming systems.
- Resolve complex issues related to race conditions, concurrency, scalability, and performance.
- Define functional data engineering patterns.
- You have a strong experience with stream processing technologies (Kafka Streams, Druid, Beam, Kinesis, etc)
- You have a strong coding ability, especially in Python (Java, Go, Scala) and SQL.
- You have a strong grasp of CS fundamentals, algorithms, data structures, design patterns, distributed processing, and git workflows.
- You are comfortable working with containerized applications and have experience with Docker, Kubernetes, and GCP.
- You demonstrated expertise with cloud technologies, monitoring & CI/CD tools.
- You have experience working with data engineering tools such as airflow, dbt etc.
- You are well versed with relational databases and other data stores/sources such as pub/sub systems and caching solutions.
- You have prior experience building out data pipelines from scratch or working on a rapidly scaling data platform.
- Familiarity with devops concepts and tools such as Minikube and Terraform.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.