What is BlockFi?
BlockFi’s mission is to provide liquidity, transparency and efficiency to digital financial markets by creating products that meet the needs of consumers and corporations across the globe. We build bridges between traditional finance and digital markets that enable growth for all participants.
We’re a team of builders and strivers, proud to champion financial inclusivity and offer economic opportunities around the globe. We provide the same inclusivity to our team members. BlockFi is a place where diversity is celebrated, individuality is recognized, and every single team member is valued. We are changing the status quo to be the first financial company that people love, and we rely on our people to make it happen!
Product Compliance Associate
We are seeking a Compliance Associate to join the BlockFi Product Compliance team. In this role, your responsibilities will include but are not limited to assisting in completing regulatory filings and exams and filing periodic reports according to licensing obligations. You will be expected to remain up to speed with an evolving regulatory environment, and to quickly gain an understanding of the growing product suite. You will liaise with the Finance, Security, Risk and Legal teams, among others.
What you’ll be doing:
- Managing the new license application process by researching federal and state requirements, filing license applications, and responding to regulatory inquiries
- Conducting regulatory analysis of current and future products
- Providing support to oversee the maintenance of the BlockFi Secretary of State business registrations/licenses, money transmitter licenses, and lending licenses
- Completing periodic money transmission reports, registrations and other filings as needed
- Assisting in completing regulatory examination requests, documentation, as well as drafting responses and remediations as necessary
- Maintaining and updating BlockFi’s repository of regulatory obligations
- Staying informed of state-by-state regulatory requirements in the lending, cryptocurrency, and money transmission spaces
- Creating new processes or process improvements as needed, supporting and enforcing compliance guidelines for use by product and marketing teams when developing new offerings
- Assisting with other compliance initiatives related to monitoring and regulatory reporting / examinations as needed
- Acting as ambassador for the team in order to help promote the culture of compliance
Job Qualifications & Requirements:
- 2-4 years’ experience in compliance is required.
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
- Meticulous and detail oriented.
- Experience in money transmission regulatory compliance preferred.
- Regulatory Research and regulatory filings experience is preferred.
- State/Federal Regulator or Examiner experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage projects and processes, and the ability to multitask
- Experience with document management related tools is preferred (e.g., Google Drive, JIRA, Confluence, etc.).
- Demonstrate knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Ability to develop knowledge of state and federal regulatory compliance guidelines in the lending, money transmission, and digital currency industries.
- Consumer lending compliance experience is a plus.
- SEC compliance experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to be a self-starter, fast moving, and flexible.
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to complete time-sensitive projects.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and within a team.
- Ability to spot issues and problem solve.
- Highly motivated and eager to learn.
- Experience and/or interest in cryptocurrency is a plus.
We benefit from the great work our employees do each day. That is why we are committed to providing a variety of awesome benefits to help them live their best lives.
- Competitive salary because we value your experience and expertise
- Unlimited vacation / sick days because everyone deserves time for R&R
- Employer contribution towards health coverage (including vision & dental) because your physical health and well-being is important to us
- Various fringe benefits such as 401k, Parental Leave, FSA/HSA, and Employee Assistance Programs because health coverage is more than just choosing your yearly plan
- Flexible work environment because we are a geographically dispersed team and we believe in balance
- Pet insurance because all of your beloved family members should have coverage too
- Weekly lunch stipend because there is such a thing as a free lunch!
- A close-knit team of enthusiastic, collegial and driven people to work alongside in a highly meritocratic environment because teamwork makes the dreamwork
BlockFi has experienced incredible growth since our launch in August 2017. Our client base has grown to more than 225,000 (and counting), and the company now boasts more than $15 billion in assets on our platform. We recently completed a Series D funding round placing the company's valuation at $3 billion, and our team now has more than 500 people worldwide. We have established ourselves as a crypto market leader, and as we expand our product suite and geographic footprint, we expect our addressable market to grow exponentially.
BlockFi's leadership team has decades of experience in the traditional financial services and banking world, and we take a conservative approach to regulation that will position us well for sustainable long-term growth and expansion.
Our team is comprised of highly motivated professionals from diverse backgrounds. We are aiming to become the leading lender in crypto and are poised to redefine the global financial ecosystem for the better. In addition:
- BlockFi is one of the first companies to ever offer crypto-backed loans and the only company whose founding team has an institutional understanding of the debt capital markets and regulatory landscape in the U.S.
- $100 MM of Series A, B, and C funding led by Valar Ventures with participation from Susquehanna, Winklevoss Capital, Fidelity, Galaxy Digital, Akuna Capital, and Morgan Creek
- $350 MM of Series D funding led by Bain Capital Ventures, partners of DST Global, Pomp Investments and Tiger Global
- We are moving quickly and have already deployed substantial capital into the space, proving our ability to execute and capture customer demand