About the role:
We’re passionate about using data to inform our cross-functional teams as they strive to lead the way in decentralized apps development. As the premier leader in Blockchain game development, we want to maximize our knowledge of our customers as they share our excitement and delight as we learn and play in a new world of decentralized entertainment.
As a Data Analyst you will play a key role in developing, maintaining, and analyzing the essential KPIs, reports, and dashboards for financial projects, . You are a curious, imaginative and driven leader who has a real passion for diving into data to solve complex business problems. Your insights will guide game and live operations design to drive improved acquisition, retention, and monetization through partnerships with Finance, Product, Marketing, and Engineering team members.
A little about us:
Dapper Labs is the company behind CryptoKitties. Formed in February 2018, Dapper Labs was spun out of Axiom Zen to spread the benefits of decentralization through the power of play, fairness, and true ownership. Notable investors in Dapper Labs include Andreessen Horowitz, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures, Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. CryptoKitties is the world’s most popular blockchain application outside of cryptocurrency exchanges.
What we'll accomplish together:
- Work closely with Finance team in the creation, tracking and exploration of KPIs that monitor the performance of supported projects
- Use a hypothesis-driven approach to design and construct exploratory analysis
- Develop dashboards and visualizations to track these core Indicators across a variety of games and products
- Work with the Data Engineering team to develop ETL solutions and ensure data integrity
- Support remote game teams with reporting, dashboards, and ad-hoc analysis
- Develop complex SQL queries to answers questions of large/complex datasets
- Partner with the Marketing, Publishing, Development, Legal, and Finance teams
A little about you:
- Specialist in performing analysis, providing insights and constructing visualizations
- Demonstrated experience in Data Analysis, Data Science or Game analytics
- Experience in performing root-cause analysis on all data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement
- Experience in building dashboard and story-telling.
- Experience in communicating complex quantitative concepts and solutions to stakeholders and partners
- Expertise in SQL and data visualization/BI tools (MixPanel, Google Data Studio, Tableau, Looker, etc)
- Able to partner with cross-functional (product, marketing, development) teams to understand their needs and priorities with multiple perspectives to guide product performance improvement
- Solid communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels of management
- B.S. or M.S. in Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, Computer Science, or similar
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs, the company behind CryptoKitties, NBA Top Shot, NFL ALL DAY, UFC Strike and the Flow blockchain, uses blockchain technology to bring NFTs and new forms of digital engagement to fans around the world paving the way to a more open and inclusive digital world starting with games and entertainment.
Since it was founded in 2018, Dapper Labs has given consumer enthusiasts a real stake in the game by bringing them closer to the brands they love, building engaged and exciting communities for them to contribute to, and producing new pathways for them to become creators themselves. Dapper Labs' current studio partners include the NBA, NBPA, WNBA, WNBPA, LaLiga, NFL, NFLPA, Warner Music Group, Ubisoft, Genies, and UFC. We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others.
Dapper Labs is accelerating the move to Web3 by building new apps and platforms that enable great user experiences while being accessible to hundreds of millions of fans of organizations like the NBA and NFL, for example. We’re ready to empower even more to bring mainstream-ready user experiences and scale to web3 applications.