About the role
Kraken is a market leader in one of the most innovative and fast growing industries in the world. We are on an amazing growth trajectory, having doubled the size of our employee base to over 1,200 Krakenites in the last 2 years! We have long-served as an essential bridge between mainstream investors, traders and the Ethereum ecosystem; as Lead Ethereum Strategist, you will serve to cement this bridge and enhance the impact Ethereum can have on our customers, company and community.
In the role of Lead Ethereum Strategist, you will be expected to make substantial contributions to Kraken’s new and existing product direction, finding creative ways to improve their utility and user experience in line with your subject matter expertise. You will equally be tasked with communicating Ethereum’s value and technical progress, as well as those of its applications and protocols, to internal and external stakeholders. This role is a full-time Kraken employee role, and is not a consulting or part-time position. You will have at your disposal Kraken resources and talent to help see through your Ethereum vision.
- Appear in media (interviews, podcasts, videos, etc) on behalf of Kraken, informing the public as well as journalists about essential Ethereum developments.
- Contribute meaningfully to current online conversations and activity surrounding the development of Ethereum and its associated applications and protocols.
- Eloquently leverage personal social media to communicate the value proposition of the Ethereum ecosystem in an informed and opinionated voice.
- Inform Kraken’s internal Ethereum strategy including how best to be positioned with respect to DeFi applications and new token listings
- Drive prioritization conversations for Ethereum-related projects by evaluating strategic value, revenue opportunity and long-term market growth potential
- Evaluate company and client expectations to uncover opportunities for product quality enhancements and improvements.
- Identify Ethereum ecosystem protocols and applications that are or will be strategically important to Kraken and make strategic introductions to internal co-workers as needed
- Make strategic recommendations to Kraken’s leadership and product teams, and carry out strategic investigations or reporting as directed by such groups.
- Well-supported, persuasive views on which contributions Kraken should prioritize
- A track record of meaningful contributions to software projects
- Ability to maintain a trusted, authoritative voice with external stakeholders
- A public-facing presence through social media, blogs, and/or newsletters
- Proven ability to manage deadlines with many stakeholders
- A strong work ethic, with the motivation and drive to thrive in a company environment
- Ability to own projects from start to finish, delivering solutions to clients
- Ability to work well with others and treat colleagues with respect and kindness
- Proven experience of working with Ethereum and cryptocurrencies
- Effective at communicating internally and externally, across a wide range of audiences
- Strong strategic and decision-making skills
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Kraken and Kraken products