At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal. We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
- Develop an expert understanding of Ethereum and scalability solutions
- Understand the zkSync protocol and developer tooling for dApp development
- Engage and support the Ethereum/zkSync developer community through Twitter, Github, Discord, and Discourse
- Represent zkSync at online and in-person events (includes public speaking)
- Produce value-adding content for the developer community
- A strong hands-on developer with experience in full-stack development (note: this role does not include much coding)
- Confident and comfortable in a public facing role
- Strong understanding of Ethereum and its ecosystem is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are adept at communicating technically complex topics in a simple and understandable way
- Able to maintain a good eye for detail
- A social following (especially Twitter) is a plus
- Articulate and persuasive in presenting ideas
Working at Matter Labs
- You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options
- The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice
- We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive