At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal. We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and sourcing each individual contributor is critical.
As a Recruiting Lead you will have a large degree of autonomy in shaping the role and day-to-day tasks, but some of your responsibilities will include to:
- Support in defining and building the recruitment strategy & onboarding process
- Work with the People Operations Director to define, measure, and report key recruitment metrics
- Write effective job descriptions, define the hiring process and communicate with candidates
- Proactively source candidates, building a consistent pipeline of talent
- Manage an efficient, full-cycle recruitment process to meet hiring needs for multiple roles (phone screens, on-site interviews, negotiation and closing offers, etc.)
- Curate an exceptional candidate experience at each point of contact (initial outreach, phone screen, on-site, etc.)
- Identify talent market-facing collateral (blogs, social media, etc.) to engage and grow the overall talent pipeline
- 4+ years in recruiting for technical positions
- 2+ years as a recruiter at a rapidly scaling tech startup
- Big plus if you have worked at a crypto company
- Fluent in English
- Detail and action-oriented individual with an owners’ mindset
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong communicator, empathetic and personable, and can manage your emotions and those of others very well
- You are flexible, always seek to learn and grow, and aren't afraid to pivot
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
Working at Matter Labs
- You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options
- The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice
- We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive