At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal. We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
As a Technical Writer you'll be reporting to the Product Marketing Manager (dotted line to CMO) and have responsibility for translating the deep technical details of zkSync into clear and easy-to-grasp content. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining comprehensive user documentation, the source of truth for everything related to our protocol, to allow users of all levels of knowledge to quickly gather the knowledge they require to build a full and complete understanding of the protocol. You will also use your deep technical knowledge to create blog posts and social content that helps build knowledge and conviction around key concepts inside our community.
- Research and maintain an expert understanding of blockchain scaling protocols
- Develop a deep technical understanding of the zkSync protocol
- Work with product managers, product marketing, and engineers to produce and maintain world-class user documentation (a clear source of truth on information about zkSync)
- Produce educational content that communicates technical information in a way that is engaging and understood by users (blog posts, tweets, infographics, etc.)
- A portfolio of related work
- 3+ years of technical writing experience, or ability to demonstrate the capability to perform the role to high standards beyond a reasonable doubt
- Deep knowledge of Web3 protocols, especially Ethereum and ZKPs
- Excellent written communication skills, and are adept at communicating technically complex topics in a simple and understandable way
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently, and multi-task
- Ability to read and understand basic solidity. Experience with JS/TS is a plus
- Highly collaborative, able to work well with technical and product teams, business development, and marketing
Working at Matter Labs
- You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options
- The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice
- We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter
- We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive