The Internal Audit manager is responsible for planning, leading, and the timely execution of risk-based internal audits in accordance with the annual audit plan, as well as assisting with other audit matters and projects as necessary. You will be providing updates to internal management and stakeholders on current audit statuses as well as follow up audits. Additionally, you will be providing consulting services regarding risk and controls on a wide range of projects and corporate initiatives throughout the organization globally. The audits will range from operational to financial audits in nature.
- Participate in the audit planning process, which would include formulating and determining the scope of review in conjunction with the Head of Internal Audit
- Perform operational, financial and compliance audits
- Identify issues and root causes and develop actionable recommendations for improvement or remediation
- Develop clear and concise work papers including scope, objectives, procedures performed and findings/deficiencies
- Discuss findings and recommendations with appropriate management personnel
- Regularly track and communicate status of work in progress to Internal Audit management
- Exercise discretion and independent judgement in determining compliance with policies and procedures
- Conduct risk assessment of assigned department or functional area in established timelines
- Review the suitability of internal control design
- Conduct audit testing of specified area, prepare associated audit work papers to exacting standards and identify reportable issues and dimension of risk
- Formulate and implement risk-based audit programs; provide consultative advice to management
- Assist in the preparation of audit reports for designated audits and conduct remediation testing as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- CPA or CIA preferred or working towards one of those designations
- 6 years internal audit experience, through public accounting/auditing (Big 4 a plus) and/or financial service and tech industry experience desired.
- Ability to establish goals and objectives that support the strategic plan
- Excellent analytic skills, attention to detail, and ability to work within time constraints
- Excellent level of oral and written communication skills. Ability to communicate across a variety of audiences
- Intermediate level of computer skills and the ability to function in a macOs environment utilizing Outlook, Word and Excel
- Professional and effective interpersonal skills. Solid decision-making skills with display of professionalism in maintaining confidentiality
- Ability to rapidly acquire detailed knowledge of departmental policies, practices and procedures
- Strong time management skills, fast learner, self-motivated, and comfortable taking initiative and handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Crypto and/or digital assets experience desired.
Nice To Have
- Experience with NetSuite a plus