Senior Counsel, Transactions
Date: May 2022
Location: Rhodium Shared Services LLC, Austin TX
As Senior Counsel, Transactions, you are a highly qualified attorney with substantial transactional experience in a leading technology and energy company within the emerging and lucrative Bitcoin mining sector. You are a trusted advisor to the business and support highly visible, complex and strategic commercial transactions, real estate transactions, energy transactions, mergers and acquisitions, financings, divestitures, restructurings, and other related matters. You are experienced in leading complex enterprise transactions, have strong business savviness, and drafting, negotiation, and time & transaction management skills. You thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment and love taking on a new challenge. You support the business by thinking outside of the box while always protecting Rhodium. You are passionate about technology and its impact on our profession and world. You are a self-starter who would be a great fit for our hard working, innovative, experienced and fun team.
Mindset & Attitude
- Highly organized and enjoys creating systems and improving them for the benefit of the team.
- Self-starter and evidence of self-management, takes initiative and doesn’t wait to be told what to do.
- Positive attitude – prefers to see the opportunities for improvement instead of focusing on what is wrong and who is to blame for it.
- Flexible with schedule – Willing and able to work when needed.
- Team mentality – ability to understand and prioritize the things that benefit the team and organization.
- Emotional maturity with co-workers, managers, external partners + ability to handle sensitive information.
Experience, Tasks and Responsibilities:
- 9+ years of transactional experience, including experience in negotiating, drafting, and advising business on commercial contracts, financings, real estate, and intellectual property matters
- Mergers and acquisitions experience, including negotiation and drafting of transaction documents, due diligence, and post-merger integration
- General understanding of energy, technology and Bitcoin
- Strong academic credentials, admitted into and in good standing with at least one state bar
- Work collaboratively across multiple functions as the relevant legal “point of contact” to draft and negotiate complex technical agreements
- Collaborate cross-functionally across business lines to define and develop global programs and related corporate policies and procedures.
- Assist in the hiring, training and supervision of junior attorneys, paralegals and legal department staff
- A strong desire to work on complex legal issues in industry areas
- The ability to build strong relationships quickly and interact with all levels of the business with ease
- Great judgment, attention to detail, interpersonal and communication skills, with demonstrated teaming ability to work well with, influence, and inform diverse groups, including peers and clients
- Dedicated to providing top-notch customer service and possessing strong interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and the highest level of integrity and business ethics
- Excellent judgment, attention to detail and ability to work independently
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced, high activity environment, and able to handle ambiguity, juggle many matters at once and quickly shift from one situation or task to another
- Ability to effectively collaborate cross-functionally across teams with a team attitude that no job is too big or too small
- Talent for thinking outside of the box in confronting new issues and pursuing novel approaches to old problems
- Proven ability to address complex problems and business needs while reasonably balancing legal risks
About Rhodium Shared Services
We are a large bitcoin mining operation in the Austin area and we are growing fast! At Rhodium, we foster an environment of collaboration, collective decision making and personal motivation. As our most important asset, out team members mean everything to us. We treat one another like family and we approach each day as if the company were our own. We are driven and we show up for each other every day. We show grace and we are self-aware. We are radically transparent and strongly believe in a direct approach to problem solving. We truly believe that if we strive for these traits as a standard, the we all win together.
The most successful candidates for a position at Rhodium possess strong critical thinking skills and enjoy problem solving. They are generally flexible regarding scheduling, planning and workflow and are excited for the opportunity to learn. Our most promising team members have flexed their strengths in ways that show leadership, emotional intelligence, and initiative, while keeping the best interests of the entire Rhodium Family at heart.
Here at Rhodium, we are an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.