Who We Are
Subspace Network is building a radically decentralized, next-generation blockchain which allows developers to easily run Web3 apps at Internet scale. Subspace is based on original research funded by the US National Science Foundation and planning to launch its Network later this year. Subspace Labs is an early-stage, venture-backed startup with a remote-first, globally distributed team. To learn more, visit our website and read the technical whitepaper.
We are seeking an Operations & Finance Assistant to join our rapidly growing team of Blockchain and Cryptocurrency enthusiasts and engineers. The successful candidate will be involved with a wide variety of day-to-day tasks in support of the firm's growing business and financial operations, in addition to playing a key role in tactical and strategic project planning.
In this role you will be responsible for
- Managing the day-to-day business operations and accounting/bookkeeping, including the accounts payable function, expense tracking, and GL recordkeeping.
- Assisting in financial modeling, management reporting, and budget planning.
- Maintaining AML compliance in accordance with regulatory standards.
- Overseeing vendor relationships, paying invoices, and proper expense categorization.
- Strong technical toolkit, including G-Suite, and GL accounting (Xero).
- Highly collaborative; able to build relationships internally with development staff, operations, and externally with counterparties and vendors.
- Outstanding communication skills; ability to respond rapidly, and analytically, to situations as they arise.
- In-depth understanding of the cryptocurrency ecosystem, including multisig wallet transfers, defi lending/staking platforms, payments, and crypto bookkeeping/taxation.
- Ability to manage and track expenses for a fully remote team.
- Knowledge of token offerings and early startup fundraising workflows, including seed & series round financing.
- Building financial models and forecasting with tools such as Jirav.
- Setup and transfers with multisig self-custody tools such as Gnosis Safe.
- Using crypto financial software such as Cryptio or Request.Finance.
- Familiarity with tools such as Notion, Discord, Telegram & Discourse.
What We Offer
- A remote work environment with a high degree of autonomy and agency.
- You will play a critical role in implementing a new layer-one blockchain.
- Salary and options befitting an early hire at a venture-backed startup.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (US-based only).
- Company-sponsored team offsites in various locations around the world.