This role will involve working with multiple rendering pipelines on various platforms including development of scalable behaviour with the flexibility to render high definition offline renders whilst also able to handle high performance realtime. Rendering engineer services will be for backend delivery as well as a number of new video game projects. You will join a team of experienced game developers and help shape the future of how games interact with NFTs.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about games development, ensuring that the players have the greatest experience possible.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Work with creatives to design and create shaders for use in games.
- Optimize current shaders for device specific needs.
- Create dynamic shaders that can animate for game requirements.
- Develop tools to support the functionalities of other Disciplines (AI, 3D, sound, animation, etc.)
- Program in a clear manner that is easy to read and maintain while ensuring performance and functionality of the systems are within the designed limits.
- Debug and optimize already existing pipelines, systems and games.
- Communicate and co-develop with team members of different disciplines.
- Work as an individual and as a group to problem solve creative and engineering challenges.
A little about you:
- 4+ years of game developing experience.
- Experience using a game engine (either Unity or Unreal).
- Strong C++ knowledge.
- Experience writing shaders.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid maths foundation.
- Communication skills to discuss requirements, deliverables, and timelines.
- Use of source control software.
Bonus points if you have the following:
- Experience with optimisation of 3D projects for mobile.
- Experience with source control software such as Git, Subversion and Perforce.
- Visual effects involving glass or refraction.
More about Dapper Labs and TEA:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
The Eccentric Ape (TEA) is a Dapper Labs owned games development studio, primarily based in the east coast of Australia. The team compromises of experienced developers who have worked on some of the biggest AAA and mobile titles in the games industry for developers and publishers such as Sega, Electronic Arts, Ubisoft, Sumo, Sony, Microsoft and more. TEA operates with a goal focused mentality and strives to ensure a great user experience for the players.