Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as the Dapper Wallet, the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
We’re hiring a Senior Accountant to build our functional capabilities in one of the most exciting and innovative emerging technology areas in blockchain. You will play a key role in crafting the overall strategy to optimize the business and create value, while also protecting the organization and building best in class risk management processes across our global operations.
You understand that technology companies move fast and that leaders need accurate and timely data to inform decision making. You have a hyper focused attention to detail, with high intrinsic motivation to get to the correct answer to satisfy your own curiosity.
Every one of us shares a common vision: to create the future we want to live in. We need the right people to help us realize that vision.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Refine and iterate on month-end close procedures to support best-in-class processes, including preparation of recurring and non-recurring journal entries and reconciliations of balance sheet accounts.
- Assess and implement controls and best practices to support multiple business units that are scaling in industries including blockchain, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- Prepare the monthly and annual financial statements in compliance with IFRS, with supplementary insight including variance analysis of key accounts.
- Spearhead applications for various provincial & federal financial incentives (e.g. SR&ED, BC IDMTC).
- Review GST/PST tax remittances, ensuring accuracy and compliance with governing legislation and regulations.
- Compile financial information and related reconciliation to support financial, tax and government audits.
- Support additional accounting and related functions as needed, including but not limited to: A/R & A/P, annual budget preparation, and completion of government surveys.
A little about you:
- Bachelor’s degree from a leading university (BBA preferable)
- CPA or equivalent
- You have relevant accounting experience, particularly in companies with high-volume (multi-million) transactions and / or tech and startup environments.
- Experience with Xero and/or Netsuite and workflow planning software, as well as system implementation would be an asset.
- You have demonstrated success in environments that require managing ambiguity and multiple deadlines among various stakeholders and can quickly adapt to changing priorities.
- You are excited about emerging technology like blockchain / cryptocurrency, SaaS, mobile apps, AI, and machine learning.
- You have solid proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Excel), and Google Suite.
- You are flexible and willing to go that extra mile to gain more knowledge and experience.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more open, empowering, and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies. Dapper team members are humble and curious builders who share a passion to make the world a more open and empowering place through adoption of decentralized systems. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse crew flourishes in a distributed hierarchy where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above all else: regardless of where you came from, what you studied, or who you used to work for, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.