Who We Are:
At Galaxy we are building products and services to help the world invest in economic progress. We believe crypto and blockchain innovations will permeate and improve all aspects of our global economy. Our vision is a society where value and ownership flow as freely as information. Galaxy is a digital asset and blockchain leader helping institutions, startups, and individuals access and navigate the crypto economy. As one of the most well-capitalized and trusted companies in the industry, we provide platform solutions custom-made for a digitally native ecosystem across multiple synergistic business lines: Trading, Asset Management (passive and active strategies), Principal Investments, Investment Banking Services, and Mining. Galaxy’s CEO and Founder Michael Novogratz leads a team of crypto enthusiasts, and institutional veterans focused on the future of finance and Web3. The Company is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, London, Amsterdam, Tokyo, Hong Kong, the Cayman Islands (registered office), and New Jersey.
Additional information about the Company's businesses and products is available on www.galaxydigital.io.
What We Value:
We are a diverse team of free thinkers, and fast movers united to help investors and creators energize the global economy. We are looking for individuals who thrive in a culture of builders and overachievers and embrace high performance, transparent feedback, and a mission-first approach. Our culture shapes our way of working and gets us where we want to be.
- Seek Excellence.
- Be Selective To Be Effective.
- Be Highly Aligned, Loosely Coupled.
- Disagree Transparently.
- Encourage Independent Decision-Making.
- Build Dream Teams.
Galaxy Vision Hill
Galaxy Vision Hill (“GVH”) is the multi-manager fund of funds business division of Galaxy Fund Management. We currently manage four investment programs on our platform with 30+ manager allocations across various hedge fund and venture fund strategies. We deliver value to investors and clients through:
- Multi-manager, multi-strategy investment products
- Premium crypto hedge fund performance and buy-side market intelligence database
- Market leading crypto hedge fund indices and benchmarks
- Curated, in-depth buy-side research insights for sophisticated investors
Who You Are:
Galaxy Vision Hill is expanding its investment team and is seeking a talented data-oriented professional to help oversee the FOF portfolios on a day-to-day basis and liaise directly with the Portfolio Managers to support their data needs. This Portfolio Associate role will also involve building relationships externally with our various fund managers as well as internally with our Finance, Operations, Legal, Compliance and Client Service teams. On a day-to-day basis, this professional’s primary function will consist of managing all operational aspects of the GVH portfolios with assistance from our Finance team, including developing key analytical tools, charts, presentations, performance and attribution summaries, rebalancing models and other reporting and data aggregation methods. These initiatives will support the Portfolio Managers in monitoring risk exposures across the GVH portfolios and in sizing new investment opportunities appropriately to ensure investment objectives are reflected across the portfolios in scope.
What You'll Do:
- Own and consistently maintain our proprietary shadow NAV models and portfolio management systems for data-related updates such as estimated returns, finalized NAVs, and all other capital activity associated with the GVH portfolios across hedge funds and venture funds
- Maintain and distribute GVH weekly risk snapshots reflecting our aggregated portfolio return statistics, our underlying manager return statistics, cash activity, exposures (both position-level and sub-strategy level), and updated manager terms and AUMs
- (VC specific): Closely track capital call activity, cash-on-hand, projected capital calls and investment pacing, FX adjustments, funded / unfunded commitment tracking, anticipated distributions from realizations/exits (where applicable) and projected expenses
- (HF specific): Coordinate performance estimate outreach monthly with our hedge fund managers and cross-check such estimates are within Portfolio Managers’ reasonable expectations
- Coordinate with Portfolio Managers and GVH Investment Team monthly on all re-balancing considerations for our hedge fund portfolios
- Develop attribution analyses with clear visuals across various hedge fund strategies and sub-strategies for presentation to GVH portfolio managers and our investors
- Become a go-to resource for all GVH tearsheet and investment deck / performance presentation updates, includes owning a quality assurance process around calculations of our return and risk metrics across our hedge funds and our MOIC, IRR and capital pacing across our venture funds
- Closely track and aggregate all limited partner and manager capital activity (subscriptions and redemptions) for asset-liability matching purposes, including the partitioning of various tranches of investment allocations and redemptions
- Work closely with our Finance team to ensure all capital activity also corroborates with our GVH banking activity
- Oversee our hedge fund and venture fund manager investment schedules (including tracking of HWMs, hurdle rates, incentive fee accruals and reversals, and how estimated returns compare against finalized returns)
- Respond to ad hoc requests from the Portfolio Management team as needed
What We're Looking For:
- Excellent oral and written communication skills for problem-solving and distilling complex information into clear presentations for investors and clients
- Outstanding data organization skills and highly detail oriented with an appreciation for process-driven approaches around large amounts of data gathering to operate in a complex financial and mathematical environment
- Strong process-oriented background and ability to demonstrate keen portfolio risk and operational awareness
- Knowledge of portfolio accounting and performance data reconciliation with a focus on private fund investments
- Strong understanding and experience with reporting in investment management, hedge funds and venture funds
- Poise and confidence to interact with existing crypto-native fund managers
- Ability to think critically and ask questions in a conversational manner
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment on a small, growing team with many shared and evolving responsibilities
- Proactive, team player with experience working in a fast-paced, multi-faceted environment
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or related business function
- 3+ years of back/middle office experience in buy-side role at traditional institution(s) in financial services, fintech, asset management, valuation, or related fields
- Passion for crypto markets
- Portfolio analyst experience at an asset manager, pension, investment consultant or similar role
- Experience investing into and allocating capital to hedge funds and venture funds (crypto experience preferred)
- Experience with portfolio reporting, fund accounting and operations is a plus
- CFA charterholder, late-stage CFA candidacy or advanced graduate degree in finance, accounting or related business function a plus
What We Offer:
- Competitive base salary, bonus, and equity
- 100% company paid health insurance for employees, partners and dependents
- 3% 401(k) company contribution
- Generous paid Parental Leave
- Flexible Time Off (paid)
- Hybrid/Flexible Working Arrangements
- Opportunities to learn about the Crypto industry
- Free daily snacks and weekly lunches
- Smart, entrepreneurial and fun colleagues
- Annual charitable giving match
- Employee Resource Groups
- Free virtual coaching and counseling sessions through Ginger
*Benefits may vary based on location.
Galaxy respects diversity and seeks to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and job applicants for employment without regard to actual or perceived age, race, color, creed, religion, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital or partnership or caregiver status, ancestry, national origin, citizenship status, disability, military or veteran status, protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristic, or other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete the application process or to participate in an interview, please contact email@example.com.