We're looking for an engineering leader to help us scale the Flow Developer Experience engineering team, evolve the developer tool suite to be the best of its kind, and make building on the Flow a compelling experience.
With a focus on growing the Flow developer base, your mission is to grow and empower the developer experience team. You’ll play a key role in shaping the way blockchain technology is introduced to the Flow developers and collaborating with open-source communities to drive community involvement.
A little about us:
Flow is the blockchain for builders. Created by Dapper Labs, the team behind CryptoKitties, Flow blockchain is designed for a new generation of consumer apps, games, and the digital assets that power them. Flow helps developers build the kinds of applications people want to use, with a focus on consumer-friendly onboarding and the ability to handle mainstream scale.
The Flow team is a humble and curious bunch of builders and scientists who share a passion for blockchain technology and the new kinds of software it enables. Our people are our greatest strength: our diverse team flourishes in an environment where personal autonomy and professional growth are encouraged. We value our culture above else; regardless of where you came from or what you studied, your role here will necessitate both a high level of creativity and strategic thinking on complex issues.
What we’ll accomplish together:
- Lead and grow an incredible team of engineers by hiring, mentoring, and coaching them in line with our organizational values of self-growth and high impact
- Work with product leads to grow active users and applications on Flow by continuously iterating on developer tools
- Build the best suite of open-source developer tools with comprehensive documentation and production-ready code samples for the Flow community
- Collaborate with other engineering leads to move the engineering practice forward and uphold and improve our execution standards
- Close gaps between technical and non-technical stakeholders to ensure that everyone is aligned around the value we are creating for our users
A little about you:
- You are super interested in building the best tools for engineers and improving the developer experience
- You are an expert in scaling an engineering team by attracting and hiring the best
- You are experienced with conducting performance management to recognize high performers and support those who are struggling
- You can work cross-functionally with many partners across organizations to increase the impact of the team’s work
- You have a strong product sense and have delivered developer-facing products through rapid iteration where requirements are uncertain or changing
- You have an engineering background with strong technical fundamentals and a history of high-quality execution
- You are an enthusiastic proponent of lightweight, agile project management
More about Dapper Labs:
Dapper Labs is the world's first blockchain entertainment company. We are the creators of industry-leading experiences including CryptoKitties and NBA Top Shot, as well as Dapper Wallet – the simplest way to manage your assets and use the blockchain. We are also the original developers behind Flow, a new decentralized blockchain designed from the ground up for scalability and ease of use.
Our mission at Dapper Labs is to make the world a more accessible and enjoyable place through consumer adoption of decentralized technologies.
We have raised over $600M from leading and notable investors including Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Union Square Ventures, Venrock, Google Ventures (GV), Samsung, and the founders of Dreamworks, Reddit, Coinbase, Zynga, and AngelList, among others. Dapper Labs’ current studio partners include the NBA and NBPA, the NFL-PA, Ubisoft, Warner Music, Turner, Dr. Seuss, Genies, and the UFC, as well as 100+ others.