Who We Are:
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Miami, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore and Japan. Even though this role is listed in Singapore, we are remote friendly and believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team:
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk.
What You'll be Doing:
As Compliance Director, APAC, you’ll lead a growing team responsible for building out key aspects of our compliance program while monitoring developments throughout the region. This requires strong leadership as well as sound technical competencies to handle complex matters and work with colleagues at all levels. The position reports directly to the Global Chief Compliance Officer, with matrix reporting to local management as necessary.
What You'll be Doing:
- Leading strategic direction, training and advisory support with regards to Compliance
- Developing and maintaining robust compliance policies, procedures, controls, and frameworks
- Engaging cross-functionally (with groups such as Data, Engineering, Finance, Legal, Product, and Risk) to implement an effective compliance management program in line with the global standards and industry best practices.
- Monitor and assess compliance with laws, regulations and policies (including Payments Services Act, Securities and Futures Act, Personal Data Protection Act, etc) and similar types of regulation regionally.
- Oversee compliance reviews and investigations.
- Prepare Compliance reports, including reports to management and the board, and other materials as required by direct and matrix stakeholders and submit timely.
- Assist with special projects as needed, with the ability to work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
What We Look For in You:
- 8+ years of experience in compliance within financial services, FinTech or cryptocurrency industries.
- Experience and knowledge of relevant US and APAC laws and requirements (AML/CFT, sanctions, consumer protection, privacy) and managing regulatory engagements.
- Strong leadership and people management skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
- Proven ability to work within and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, critical thinker and adept at working independently and in a dispersed team environment covering multiple and varied tasks
- Intuitive, highly ethical and comfortable to question and challenge
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written
Nice to Haves:
- Prior experience working in a US multinational or matrix environment
- CAMS, ICA, or equivalent certification
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Comprehensive insurance package including medical, dental, vision, disability & life insurance (Company pays 100% for employee/80% for dependents)
- 401K with company contribution
- Flexible PTO policy, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Paid Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program paid in BTC
- Company Donation Match
- More surprises when you join!
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.