Who We Are
Okcoin is one of the world’s largest and fastest growing cryptocurrency exchanges. We help millions of people buy and sell bitcoin, and over 20 other crypto assets every day — but our work is a whole lot more than that. We’re building an inclusive future of finance, one that opens new opportunities to learn financial literacy, store value, and build wealth for everyone.
Ready to help the next billion people experience the future of finance with us? Come on board. We have offices in San Francisco, Malta, Hong Kong, Singapore, Japan, and Korea, but we believe in you working wherever you work best.
About the Team
The Compliance function at Okcoin is responsible for the overall compliance culture at the company. We’re a team of risk-minded problem solvers who advise the business on the company’s regulatory obligations and enterprise risk. We’re also deeply committed to moving the needle on compliance standards for the crypto industry, building products in a compliant way, and protecting the company from financial, regulatory and reputational risks. Our team consists of seasoned risk and compliance professionals who are based across our global offices.
About the Opportunity
The successful candidate will have prior data analytical or modeling experience in the financial services or Fintech industries. You’ll work closely with our other department data analysts to own the development of data models, algorithms, and event triggers to drive sophisticated customer profiling, segmentation, and personalization enhancements for the Compliance team globally.
At your core, you’ll thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative, process-driven environment and be able to adapt and adjust plans on-the-fly. You must also have strong prioritization skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done. Most importantly, you’ll drive results and significantly grow and improve on our data analytics capabilities.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Facilitate internal data requests for all Okcoin global entities to assure quality and data integrity for external audits and exams, and to provide analysis on customer profiles, transaction activity and company financial data
- Design and implement analytics strategies to convert data into actionable business intelligence
- Build and automate key performance dashboards and metrics reporting for all Compliance & Finance processes to display insights and provide transparency about our customers and our platform
- Map all required data points to understand the current data architecture and seek improvements, where necessary
- Assist in defining, and developing deep insights and root cause analysis for our Compliance and Finance teams
- Creating and maintaining operational and tools analytics in support of our operational effectiveness and tuning the efficiency of our tools
- Craft machine learning and predictive models to drive intelligent product features
- Collaborate across product, engineering, data science, marketing, business development, finance and our customers to help build and continuously improve the data pipeline
- Hone your skills on data visualization to create and maintain automated dashboards
What We Look For In You:
- BA/BS in Statistics, Computer Science or a related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- At least 3-5 years of experience in analytics or closely related field
- Understanding of Chinese-Mandarin (speaking and writing)
- A strong intuition for crafting raw data and analysis into well-written and persuasive content
- Expertise in SQL and knowledge of cloud data environments e.g. AWS
- Familiarity with Excel, Tableau, Looker, or similar reporting tool
- Strong interpersonal skills, with an emphasis on teamwork, initiative, and integrity
- Comfort with working in a fast-paced environment, handling multiple priorities simultaneously
Nice to Haves:
- Experience with scripting and analysis languages (Python, R, SQL)
- Experience working in an enterprise or B2B space, as well as the consumer or B2C space
- Industry or educational experience in text mining, information retrieval, knowledge extraction, and building knowledge graphs
Highlights of Perks and Benefits:
- Market competitive total compensation package
- 100% company paid individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- Training & Development Reimbursement
- PTO, company paid holidays, and flexible hours
- UberEats Program
- Parental Leave
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Company Donation Match
Okcoin is committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, genetic information, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, lawful alien status, national origin, age, marital status, and non-job related physical or mental disability, or protected veteran status. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.