At Kraken we provide people with the means to explore the world of cryptocurrency trading. We are passionate about delivering the best possible user experience possible while maintaining our impeccable track record of security. If you too enjoy bringing excellence to the table then we have a place for you at Kraken.
About the role:
We are looking for a highly experienced developer that will drive quality on our internal and external APIs through expansion of our automation framework. As a Rust API SDET you would drive efforts both by producing high quality tests and through mentoring more junior members. Your critical thinking and data reporting will shape the future of our product.
- Deliver automated test cases in our Rust & PHP Cucumber frameworks from feature stories and bug reports
- Create highly reusable test steps that can be easily used by others to write test cases
- Advocate for quality in all aspects of our product
- Write tickets for failed test cases
- Reporting and documentation of test results
- Develop and monitor KPIs for the automation team
- Some limited manual testing as assigned and to better understand new features
- Review MRs and coach more junior members on best practices
- Collaborate with other automation engineers across the Kraken family of products to crosstrain and create a uniform look and feel to our testing infrastructure.
- Passionate about the Kraken mission of accelerating the adoption of cryptocurrency so that the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion.
- An API test developer with a passion for Quality Assurance
- Experienced in Rust, PHP
- Experience with React native based applications and communications protocols.
- Experienced with the Atlassian family of products (Jira, Confluence).
- Experience using Git.
- Direct QA Experience in either equities or cryptocurrency exchanges.
- Must understand the difference between buy/sell at market vs limit, must understand long and short positions as well as margin trades.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant fields (computer science or finance) and 5 years QA automation experience or equivalent industry experience.