BitGo is the leader in digital asset financial services, providing institutional investors with liquidity, custody, and security solutions. In 2020, BitGo launched Prime Trading and Lending, as well as BitGo Portfolio and Tax, providing clients with a full-stack solution for digital assets. In 2018, it launched BitGo Trust Company, the first qualified custodian purpose-built for storing digital assets. BitGo processes over 20% of all global Bitcoin transactions, and supports over 250 coins and tokens. BitGo’s customer base includes the world's largest cryptocurrency exchanges and institutional investors and spans more than 50 countries. BitGo is backed by Goldman Sachs, Craft Ventures, Digital Currency Group, DRW, Galaxy Digital Ventures, Redpoint Ventures, and Valor Equity Partners.
- Responsible for the development, implementation and administration of the Bank Secrecy Act Compliance Program.
- Report directly to the CCO and the Board of Directors, and periodically provide BSA information to directors to ensure adequate Board oversight of the Firm’s BSA program.
- Ensure compliance with all state and federal BSA laws and regulations, including all policies, procedures and regulatory requirements, including but not limited to, the USA Patriot Act, Customer Identification Program requirements, and OFAC Compliance.
- Develop, coordinate and facilitate a BSA and OFAC training program to educate directors, management and employees about all Bank Secrecy Act and OFAC requirements.
- Respond to BSA related compliance questions.
- Manage all BSA related software and surveillance systems.
- Serve as the Firm’s liaison with internal and external auditors as well as with federal and state regulators during BSA audits and exams.
- Respond to corrective action for noted deficiencies from exams and audits
- File Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs) as appropriate on a timely basis. Maintain confidentiality relative to customer information and the filing of SARs.
- Monitor and track BSA-AML high risk customers and accounts.
- Responsible for the FinCen 314(a) and 314(b) requirements.
- Ensure that an independent BSA audit is performed on an annual basis
- Develop, implement and update the Enterprise AML Risk Assessment
- Prepare reports for the Executive Management and Board of Directors on a periodic basis
- Responsible for overseeing the annual Enhanced Due Diligence (EDD) review process to ensure client risk ratings are appropriately assigned
- Prepares metrics and/or reports for the Board of Directors on a periodic basis; to ensure the Board is kept fully informed of the BSA program, including but not limited to trends in high risk customer on/off boarding, SARs, emerging BSA, AML and Sanctions typologies
- Oversee the Firm’s Sanction Screening policies, procedures and systems
- Develop, implement and maintain the Firm’s AMLTransaction Monitoring System.
- Manage, research and respond to regulatory and supervisory requested information from Federal and State regulators as well as FinCEN, OFAC and other government entities as they apply to the Firm’s BSA Program.
- Develop, implement and maintain an Anti-bribery and Corruption / Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) program.
- Manage a team of AML compliance associates
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- 10-15 years in direct BSA/AML related role
- Previous experience as a BSA/AML Officer or Deputy BSA/AML Officer
- Experience in managing a team
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of management, regulators and examiners
- Comprehensive understanding of general banking and brokerage operations activities, products and services, and compliance regulations and laws
- ACAMS Certification is a plus
- Proven decision making, deductive and investigative abilities with attention to detail and accuracy
- Familiarity and passion for virtual currency
- Ability to proactively identify and assess potential concerns and risks
- Ability to resolve issues, work independently, and meet deadlines
- Persuasive and team-oriented
- Exceptional interpersonal, writing, communication and organizational skills with the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively within a team environment
- Good organizational and time management skills
Location - New York
Why Join BitGo?
Disrupting an industry takes vision, innovation, passion, technical chops, drive to deliver, collaboration, and execution. Join a team of great people who strive for excellence and personify our corporate values of ownership, craftsmanship, and open communication. We are looking for new colleagues who bring innovative ways of thinking and problem solving, and who want risks to be part of the team that changes the world’s financial markets.
Here are some of the benefits of working at BitGo:
- Competitive base salary, bonus and stock options
- 100% company paid health insurance for employee, spouse/partner and children (medical, vision, dental, life, FSA, HSA)
- 401k company match up to 5%
- Catered custom lunches, fresh snacks and gourmet coffee at the office
- Computer equipment and workplace furniture to suit your needs
- Generous paid time off
- Great colleagues and inspiring startup environment
Cryptocurrencies are the most disruptive change the financial services industry has seen in years. Join us and you’ll be able to look back and say you were part of the team that transformed investing