At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
In this role you are responsible for overseeing and executing the day-to-day company and people operations function of the US entity. As the Operations Lead, US, you will report directly to and work closely with the COO of the company. Your tasks will vary across a broad range, and will require you to be flexible, proactive, strategic, and efficient.
- People Operations, including: payroll, contract management, benefits administration
- Company Operations, including: office management, day-to-day business operations, compliance and continuous process improvements across the organization
- Working closely with our internal legal and finance departments to execute on various projects
- Liaising with external service providers such as tax advisors and legal counsel
- You have 3+ years operational leadership position
- 6+ years experience in related operational role, preferably at a high-growth tech company/start-up
- You are fluent in English
- Detail and action-oriented individual with an owners’ mindset
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong communicator
- You are flexible, always seek to learn and grow, and aren't afraid to pivot
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.