At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and attracting and retaining each individual contributor is critical. As part of the People team you will play a key role in ensuring its core mission: to create an environment where exceptional talent flocks to and thrives.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star ops team is critical to the success of the project. As the HR/People Analyst you will play a key strategic role. The day-to-day tasks will vary widely, and will require you to be flexible, proactive, strategic, and efficient. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
- Bring together benchmarking data and help to form salary bandings and benchmarking across the business
- Manage collaboration across Recruiting and the Business to understand and report on People insights around recruiting (e.g., supply/demand, hiring funnel, projection)
- Develops deep expertise in data critical to Recruiting (e.g., Avature, Taleo, SAP) to generate insights on presentations and documentation to various levels of stakeholders
- Advises Recruiting team on key opportunities discovered by data and bring data into the discussion
- Support the People Operations Director with the implementation and management of systems, processes and policies that support the team
- Stays abreast of external Recruiting Analytics trends and technologies in the HR analytics field
- Analyze and integrate large data sets that yield valuable organizational and divisional insights
- Effectively communicate findings to audiences of various technical ability and seniority
- Mentor and support HR community on fundamentals of People metrics and insights
- Demonstrate judicious use of sensitive People data
- Native English speaker
- Detail and action-oriented individual with an owners’ mindset
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong communicator, empathetic and personable, and can manage your emotions and those of others very well
- You are flexible, always seek to learn and grow, and aren't afraid to pivot
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
- Sense of humor appreciated
- 5+ years of quantitative work experience
- 3+ years of experience in People Analytics/HR/Operations
- 2+ years of experience in a startup environment, or at a quickly scaling tech company - big plus if you have experience working closely with developers and tech teams specifically
- Experience conducting quantitative & qualitative research and analyzing data from surveys and research
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.