At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and attracting and retaining each individual contributor is critical. As part of the People team you will play a key role in ensuring its core mission: to create an environment where exceptional talent flocks to and thrives.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star ops team is critical to the success of the project. As the People Operations Director you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly to and working closely with the COO of the company. As the first hire for us in this function, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a strong foundation nearly from scratch and have an outsized impact on our success as we aggressively scale in the next months. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
- Developing a strong People Operations strategy and lead the implementation and management of systems, processes and policies that support the team
- Productivity & Performance - Understand where we can impact this by reviewing and introducing performance review processes, KPI and OKR tracking, and transparent growth frameworks, together with the executive team
- Employee Engagement Projects - Spearhead employee learning and development, including skills training, career pathing, management, and leadership development
- Manage employee relations within the organization
- Develop and manage processes to promote internal employee communication
- Partner with the executive team to maintain and support the culture throughout the company
- As the People Operations Director you will be reporting directly to the COO
- Fluent English speaker
- Detail and action-oriented individual with an owners’ mindset
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong communicator, empathetic and personable, and can manage your emotions and those of others very well
- You are flexible, always seek to learn and grow, and aren't afraid to pivot
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
- Sense of humor appreciated
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.