At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
We are looking for a Senior Quality Assurance Engineer who will manually test all of our web products.
- Manually test the overall product ecosystem using appropriate testing techniques and instruments
- Analyze requirements and specifications and work on test documentation
- Work with testing metrics
- Perform quality assurance, not quality control
- You are driven by passion, curiosity, and desire to make a meaningful contribution to the world
- 5+ years of experience in manual testing for the web (for both desktop and mobile devices)
- Profound knowledge of testing theory in the context of real usage (test design technics, testing levels, etc.)
- Profound knowledge and hands-on experience in how to create and support test documentation
- Hands-on experience in interacting with test management systems (TestRail, Allure TestOps, Zephyr, TestPad, etc)
- Ownership mindset and a track record of successfully accomplished projects
- Strong communication skills in English and comfortable working with remote teams
Nice to have:
- Knowledge of blockchain technology and understanding specifics of Web3
- Hands-on experience in testing Ethereum dApps
- Hands-on experience in creating and executing automation test suites in Cypress / Playwright
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of continuous integration
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.