At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star Marketing team is critical to the success of the project. As a Senior Product Marketing Manager you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly to and working closely with the CMO.
As the first hire of this type in this function, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a strong foundation nearly from scratch and have an outsized impact on our success as we aggressively scale in the next months. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and sourcing each individual contributor is critical.
- Create and oversee GTM strategies for features, launches, and ecosystem integrations
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of our product, users, competitors, and broader industry. Communicate these insights internally, working with engineering, product, design, marketing, and business development teams to shape strategy
- Manage traffic between internal needs and external contractors
- Collect and disseminate knowledge on upcoming releases, features, and integrations to the marketing team
- Own our product positioning, messaging, and talking points; seek continuous refinement
- A storyteller: you have excellent verbal and written communication skills, and are adept at communicating technically complex topics in a simple and understandable way
- Customer-centric: you have deep empathy for users and seek to understand their needs and translate those
- Data-oriented: you like working with data and insights
- Crypto-native and up-to-date with latest developments in the space
- Impressive product marketing and communications work experience, specifically in a technology company and ideally in a fintech and / or crypto company
- Experience working on marketing or growth throughout a product’s lifecycle
- Highly collaborative, able to work well with designers, technical and product teams, business development, and marketing.
- Highly organized, and effective in delegating tasks
- Self-starter focused on outcomes
- Nice to have: software development experience
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.