At Matter Labs, we are building zkSync
: a blockchain scaling solution secured purely by cutting-edge cryptography. Our mission is to scale Ethereum to billions of users, fully preserving its most valuable properties — permissionlessness, trustlessness, and resilience, — in order to protect and enhance global economic freedom.
We hold a strong opinion that zero-knowledge proofs (ZKP) are the only technology today that can achieve this goal.
We are also proud to be the pioneer of the ZKP tech on Ethereum, and one of the few companies in the world with strong expertise in this field. Our contributions over the last 3 years include the first ZK rollup ever built, the first implementation of recursive ZK proofs on Ethereum, and the world’s first practical FPGA-based ZKP accelerator. Most recently, we launched a zkEVM testnet
, making zkSync the first ZK rollup capable of executing native Ethereum smart contracts.
Across all hires we make at Matter Labs, regardless of role or team, we look for signals that a candidate will thrive in a culture like ours
, where we value freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy.
Matter Labs is growing incredibly quickly, so building an all-star ops team is critical to the success of the project. As a Talent Sourcer for the Tech teams you will play a key strategic role: you will be reporting directly to and working closely with the Tech Talent Acquisition Lead of the company. As the first hire of this type in this function, this is a great opportunity for someone who wants to build a strong foundation nearly from scratch and have an outsized impact on our success as we aggressively scale in the next months. We’re still a small team, which lends itself to high degrees of autonomy, impact, and accountability. We care about results, and give lots of trust while working on strong alignment to achieve those results.
At Matter Labs we work with some of the most gifted and dedicated talent in the industry, and sourcing each individual contributor is critical.
- Support the technical TA team with sourcing efforts
- Use a variety of tools and methods to headhunt the best talent
- Build talent pools for technical talent
- Use data to create technical hiring strategies
- Keep up to date with what’s new in the market to ensure we are always one step ahead
- Market and candidate mapping projects
- Keep on to date with new tooling and search techniques
- Create diverse talent pools
- Fluent English speaker
- Detail and action-oriented individual with an owners’ mindset
- Comfortable working as an individual contributor in a fast-paced, dynamic, high-energy environment
- Strong communicator, empathetic and personable, and can manage your emotions and those of others very well
- You are flexible, always seek to learn and grow, and aren't afraid to pivot
- Take a collaborative approach to leadership and you love working with others
- 2+ years in sourcing top tech talent
- Ideally have experience working in a rapidly scaling tech startup
- Big plus if you have worked at a crypto company
Working at Matter Labs
You will receive highly competitive compensation and equity options. The roles are fully remote, but you are welcome to sit in one of our offices, or a co-working space of your choice. We operate in small, focused teams, with no time tracking and minimum bureaucracy. Only results matter. We will provide you with anything you need to learn, grow, and be more productive.
Working at Matter Labs it’s critically important that our goals and values (freedom, ownership mindset, and meritocracy) align. Building a potentially globally transformative product, we value diversity of thought, and believe that diversity of thought comes from diversity of backgrounds. We welcome applicants from across the spectrum of all: race, gender, ethnicity, culture, sexual orientation, age, religion, spirituality, identity and experience.
Apply now if this role sounds of interest and we aim to let you know next steps in your applications as soon as possible.